Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Notley Mum

Post by Notley Mum »

Sleep Deprived

I would think your DD has a good chance of getting in because although she is ranked 214 and the cut off was 209, it doesn't necessarily mean there are 5 people in front of her. I wouldn't be surprised to find out she was very close to the front of the waiting list.

Give the Southend LEA a ring on Monday, fingers crossed for you.
Sleep Deprived

Post by Sleep Deprived »

Notley Mum

Many thanks for your speedy reply. It is a great comfort. However a little confused. Are you saying those 5 girls may not have put WHSG as a first preference?

Thanks for the clarification :shock:
Notley Mum

Post by Notley Mum »

Yes, that's correct.

You may also find that girls with a higher ranking than your DD may not be able to take up the place even if offered as they can't get there or parents prefer to send them to an indie.
As Chelmsford Mum has said in one of her previous posts, parents from the London Boroughs can put up to 6 choices of school on their CAF, so many will put the Essex grammars down and worry about transport later, if they haven't got into a grammar or indie nearer. Some then realise that their DD/DS can't get realistically get there.

It'll soon be Monday. I can remember only too well being in this position last year. :(

Hope this helps.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Notley Mum wrote:As Chelmsford Mum has said in one of her previous posts, parents from the London Boroughs can put up to 6 choices of school on their CAF, so many will put the Essex grammars down and worry about transport later, if they haven't got into a grammar or indie nearer. Some then realise that their DD/DS can't get realistically get there.
Absolutely.Last year a lady on this site was looking for a bus from Newham to Colchester :shock: Sadly for them she had to give up the place.
Last year 5 places felt like 50 for the 3 weeks we were waiting but they will move.
We are willing it for you .Good luck. :D
Sleep Deprived

Post by Sleep Deprived »

Thanks ever so much mums. I have found this week a lot more stressful than I ever believed! Will let you know on Monday how we get on. :D
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Sleep Deprived wrote: I have found this week a lot more stressful than I ever believed! Will let you know on Monday how we get on. :D
Sadly we do believe it :cry: stressful times.
Wishing you all the best :D
Petal

Post by Petal »

I am still totally confused by this waiting list business son was ranked 218 for SHSB. I thought this was way out so have put any thoughts of waiting lists out of my mind.
Then reading this post tonight it says that placed 214 is near to a possible place at WHSG.
I thought he would have about 70 boys in front of him.

Any one clarify for me?
moved

Post by moved »

Hello Petal, you should ring and find out where you are on the waiting list. I doubt if it is very far down. Many of the people on your list will have applied to both schools in Southend Borough as well as the Chelmsford Schools.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Thanks Moved I will do that.

Does anyone know what the cut off for SHSB is?
Amazing

Post by Amazing »

I have only just joined this thread and so thankful that i found you guys online as i am practically going out of mind with worry and did not know where to turn until now. MY DD's ranking is 224 for Southend for girls with a score of 291.635. Could someone please explain if this is a pass or a fail ? Does she stand any chance on the waiting list for Southend School for girls considering this is her second choice ?