Cut off for Chelmsford County High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
njsecs

Cut off for Chelmsford County High School

Post by njsecs »

Hi Just out of interest does anyone know what the cut off for Chelmsford County High School for Girls was this year?
KM

Post by KM »

I don't know for this year but it is normally somewhere around the 150 mark. I think I told someone on another thread to phone the CSSE and they would have the answer but actually I think it is probably the admissions dept who will know. Hope that helps.
GibsonES335

Post by GibsonES335 »

I called CSSE today re ColCHS. They told me the cutoff for the initial allocation was 157.

Might be worth a call.
njsecs

Post by njsecs »

For those of you who are interested I have just phoned the CSSE office who informed me that the cut off for Chelmsford County High School was about 175 this year!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

njsecs wrote:For those of you who are interested I have just phoned the CSSE office who informed me that the cut off for Chelmsford County High School was about 175 this year!
Similar to KEGs and much, much higher than the previous 3 years that I have been watching the forum and numbers were down on last year for those trying for CCHS. Interesting.....and hope for those on waiting lists.
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

Thanks for that.
My daughter was ranked early 120's and on Monday I was panicking thinking she wouldn't get in. We got our letter on Tuesday and I was over the moon.

It's good to know that you can be ranked less than 120 and still get in. Hope this information will give a bit of hope to those on the waiting list.
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Anyone know the cut off for CCHS (Chelmsford) to be more than 140th?
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

njsecs wrote:For those of you who are interested I have just phoned the CSSE office who informed me that the cut off for Chelmsford County High School was about 175 this year!
Alexandra, I think the above came from official sources and would seem therefore that cut off was much higher than 140.
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Oops thank you - missed that one!!! Is this usual or is it lower?? Approximately (I know it changes) does the cut off usually stand in previous years?
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Alexandra wrote:Oops thank you - missed that one!!! Is this usual or is it lower?? Approximately (I know it changes) does the cut off usually stand in previous years?
In my experience just over the two separate years mine went in, the cut off for initial allocation is much , much lower by about 30 places.
However we are talking very little difference in exam scores.It is scarily tight and the child that came 175th still did very well.Also it is standardised to reflect any variation in papers.
So well done to anyone who got in wherever they came. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now