WHSB Waiting List - Please Post Info Here.......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
maymum

Post by maymum »

waitingmum wrote:I rang this afternoon and got the same response to call back on Friday. This is becoming exceedingly frustrating for me. I just can't take it anymore.
I know exactly how you feel you are definitely not alone :x .....hang in there waitingmum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Oh no - really feel fpr you all.. this is one long wait 1st to do the test then get the results then get the allocations....

Good luck and keep posting -it'll pass the time until friday :roll:
maymum

Post by maymum »

hermanmunster wrote:Oh no - really feel fpr you all.. this is one long wait 1st to do the test then get the results then get the allocations....

Good luck and keep posting -it'll pass the time until friday :roll:
thanks hermanmunster.....that sound like a voice of experience.....hehe we are all sufferig from 11+ fever, symptons include frustration, stress, guilt and being able to remember the school admissions telephone numbers without looking in the book!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
waitingmum

WHSB

Post by waitingmum »

I have just contacted WHSB and they have confirmed that my son is now in the 11th position on the waiting list. He was initially in the 14th position which means that there have only been 3 rejects. I am at this point very confused because discussions on the forum seem to suggest that there has been more movement that this. I just don't get it. I give up at this point as I do not feel that we have any chance in this world of getting a place in the school especially considering the fact that from 1st April other candidates will be moving onto the list. I rest my case.
EKK

Post by EKK »

Yes, it does leave a bitter taste in ones mouth.
I think this talk about the inclusion in the waiting list of those candidates, who never selected WHSB in the first place, from 1st of April, is a bit of a red hearing. I am sure they are already included in the list.

I am sure there must be something we can do to stop this totally arbitrary practice. Like starting a petition or something.
maymum

Re: WHSB

Post by maymum »

waitingmum wrote:I have just contacted WHSB and they have confirmed that my son is now in the 11th position on the waiting list. He was initially in the 14th position which means that there have only been 3 rejects. I am at this point very confused because discussions on the forum seem to suggest that there has been more movement that this. I just don't get it. I give up at this point as I do not feel that we have any chance in this world of getting a place in the school especially considering the fact that from 1st April other candidates will be moving onto the list. I rest my case.
Hi waitingmum.....I just called them too my DS is now 13th (yuk horrible number!!) so you are 2 places above us. I am confused because I was told my DS was 11th last week.....think a few have jumped the list for definite!!!! I am sure there will still be rejects/movement right up until September.....don't give up hope keep smiling :) :)
maymum

Post by maymum »

EKK wrote:Yes, it does leave a bitter taste in ones mouth.
I think this talk about the inclusion in the waiting list of those candidates, who never selected WHSB in the first place, from 1st of April, is a bit of a red hearing. I am sure they are already included in the list.

I am sure there must be something we can do to stop this totally arbitrary practice. Like starting a petition or something.
I totally agree with you EKK, in fact I was told my DS was 11th and now he is 13th!!!!! so something not right!!!! Have lost trust in Southend Borough and the System. I with you on the petition count me in!!!!!!!!! :shock:
waitingmum

Post by waitingmum »

I have just spoken to Southend Council again. They have confirmed that they have already started moving candidates who did not choose Westcliff as their first choice onto the waiting list so I guess it all goes downhill from here.
brainache

Stunned by these posts

Post by brainache »

Hi,

I haven't been on these forums for ages. Doing some research and put in a post today. Having said that, I've been reading through the forum and came to this thread. I can't believe that people are actually allowed to be added to the waiting list having not put the school down on their form in the first place. Different, I think, if you move from somewhere else in the country and you didn't know you would be moving but really not in if you live in Essex anyway. Someone doing this could have put down a grammar and then chosen the very best of comps whereas you may have put down more than one grammar and then less choice of comps and the former person can then creep in and nab the place. Its absolutely disgusting and something should definitely be done. It is, in my book, cheating the system!

Good luck to you all!
maymum

Post by maymum »

waitingmum wrote:I have just spoken to Southend Council again. They have confirmed that they have already started moving candidates who did not choose Westcliff as their first choice onto the waiting list so I guess it all goes downhill from here.
Hi waitingmum, I am going to give them another call tomorrow to see what position he is in then, then we will know whats what, but it will go up and down from now on I am sure. Those who 'jump' the list could still get offers from their 'preferred schools' yet so try not to worry, I know it is easier said than done.....but you are not alone......I am feeling same as you :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now