Waiting List Query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
clr

Waiting List Query

Post by clr »

Is it just me, or does it seem that there has been very little movement on the waiting lists this year? Southend don't seem to be aware of any movement so far. If you have heard differently that would be great (PM by all means if you don't want to post!)

It would be lovely if anyone who is not taking up a place at any of the grammars could let Essex/Southend know asap, so that those of us anxiously waiting on the lists could find out if we are in with a chance.

Thanks
Chelmsford mum

Re: Waiting List Query

Post by Chelmsford mum »

clr wrote:Is it just me, or does it seem that there has been very little movement on the waiting lists this year? Southend don't seem to be aware of any movement so far. If you have heard differently that would be great (PM by all means if you don't want to post!)
Thanks
I know it is agony but there was little movement at all this time last year. :cry:

It will move , it really, really will :D
moved

Post by moved »

Don't worry yet. It is still too soon. Brentwood only advised one of mine on his bursary application yesterday. He is not a year 7 entry, but if they are working through all of the bursaries at the same time there will be year 6 parents finding out that they have funding for Brentwood, or not, at the moment.
clr

Waiting List Query

Post by clr »

Thanks for that both of you. It's just so horrible as it's like waiting for March 1st all over again. I will try and be patient and keep fingers crossed. (Again!)
maymum

Post by maymum »

clr wrote:Thanks for that both of you. It's just so horrible as it's like waiting for March 1st all over again. I will try and be patient and keep fingers crossed. (Again!)
I know how you are feeling, we are on the waiting list too, I feel worse than before 1st March!!!!! its agonising especially if they are near the top of the waiting lists. I have bee assured that they do nove but it could be a slow bumpy ride........what list are you waiting on?? we are on WHSB
clr

Waiting List Query

Post by clr »

There obviously has been movement already because we were incredibly fortunate to find out by letter this morning that our son has been offered a place at WHSB.

I would advise anybody on Southend waiting lists to ring on Monday for an updated position.

GOOD LUCK to you all. It's a nightmare situation to be in, especially if you know you are in with a chance towards the top of the lists.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

clr wrote:There obviously has been movement already because we were incredibly fortunate to find out by letter this morning that our son has been offered a place at WHSB.

:D :D :D :D super news.Let's hope there is good news for others too.
Hooray
clr

Waiting List Query

Post by clr »

Thank you Chelmsford mum. I have followed your story for a while now, and you were in exactly the same position with your daughter as we have been this year. You did give me hope, but it is great to get the letter.

I truly wish the best to everyone else, and hope they get the news they are waiting for. This is my third child to go through the process, and he was under huge pressure (self imposed, we just told all of them to do their best), so I am really proud of him.

I am so glad I never have to do this again!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

clr wrote: I am so glad I never have to do this again!
We still have a little DD.Goodness knows how hard it will be in 6 years. :shock:

Well done again - bet you will have a fab weekend. :D
maymum

Post by maymum »

clr wrote:There obviously has been movement already because we were incredibly fortunate to find out by letter this morning that our son has been offered a place at WHSB.

I would advise anybody on Southend waiting lists to ring on Monday for an updated position.

GOOD LUCK to you all. It's a nightmare situation to be in, especially if you know you are in with a chance towards the top of the lists.
clr....cannot thankyou enough for letting us know that. Its fantastic for you and your S and gives me hope that my S has moved up the list from 16th so somewhere higher!!!! Do you know where your S was on the waiting list by any chance???? So pleased for you and now you have no more worrying...xx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now