CCHS(Colchester) uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mumtolovelydd

Post by mumtolovelydd »

That's great! Thanks. I must say when we visited the school the girls who showed us around seemed really nice and down-to-earth.
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

mumtolovelydd wrote:That's great! Thanks. I must say when we visited the school the girls who showed us around seemed really nice and down-to-earth.
Yes I know what you mean, it had good feel to it and my DD can`t wait until September. Me on the other hand am feeling nervous for her, will she fit it, will she cope with the work, will she make friends etc etc. At least they get to meet their class mates on the open evening (or it may be the other day they go up to the school?), I understand they get put into their classes so they get to know each other a bit.
Gladitsover

Post by Gladitsover »

I had all the same feelings as you have now when my DD first started at CCHS but she settled in very easily and loves the school. She has made lots of new friends there and the workload isn't as horrendous as people think (I heard the boys at CRGS have loads more homework though!). In the open evening, the girls get to meet their class (if I remember correctly, that's when they found out what classes they were going to be in). They also have another chance of meeting their new classmates on the induction day and the staff are brilliant as they get the girls to swap email addresses and mobile numbers if they have it, which is useful for them to get to know each other (even if it's just online!) during the summer.

They also start school in September, a day earlier than the rest of the school so all the newbies are in the same boat and don't feel too intimidated! On that day, parents are allowed to join them for lunch and join in a sort of teacher hunt . This enables the girls to find their way around classrooms and put teachers' faces to their names. It's very informal and a great way of helping the girls to find their way round the school.

I'm sure your girls will love it there!
Aquila801234

Post by Aquila801234 »

Hey this is probably a little late, I am in year ten and though trousers are an option, people are often thought to be weird or freaky if they wear them, there is a certain amount of pressure to look 'cute' and trousers simply do not fit with this, not saying I like it, just saying thats the way it is.
Romanlover98

Post by Romanlover98 »

Thanks everyone.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now