Tutoring in Chelmsford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rinette

Tutoring in Chelmsford

Post by Rinette »

Hi,
My son wants to take the 11+ exam in 2011 (he is currently in year 4).
I would like to respect his wish, and - certainly without wanting to be 'pushy' - give him some chance to have a go, or at least to test himself on that exam.
I am new to this country so probably very naive :oops: and would like to know what is the best way to prepare him 'gently' (apart from DIY preparation, homework, preparation books from WHS of course... this forum is actually quite helpful to learn about the topics and practical ways to prepare).
Is the private tutoring strongly recommended ? Any recommendation in the Chemsford area ?
I am also wondering about the KipMcGrath preparation... How does it work exactly ? Is it good enough for the 11+ preparation ?
Many thanks for your help :D !
marigold

Re: Tutoring in Chelmsford

Post by marigold »

Hi Rinette,

There is a lot of information in the Essex section about what to expect and how to prepare for the exam. Have a look through and feel free to ask any questions, there are a lot of experts out there to help.

With regards to Kip Mcgrath, I have no experience with their 11plus preparation but I did approach them for help with my eldest when she failed her maths GCSE. I am afraid they were absolutely b****y useless . When I mentioned this to friends they had all heard similar stories so I would not be able to recommend them in anyway. Happy to be contradicted on this if anyone else has had a good 11plus experience with them.

If you put a request in the 11plus Tutors section someone may be able to recommend a local one for you.
Rinette

Post by Rinette »

Thanks for the information Marigold.
It helps, not to lose time... and money ;-)...
moved

Post by moved »

Welcome to the forum Rinette.

People will need to pm you with their tutor recommendations as advertising is not allowed on the forum, so don't be offended if no one posts a name.

With regard to KMG I think that you can be lucky, but I know of children who have been ignored and just got on with playing on the computer.

Plenty of people DIY, the exam is tough but if your son is bright it is not an impossible task. Ask in the playground regarding tutors, some parents are unhelpful and some are open. I used to start my pupils in January of year 5 so you have plenty of time.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now