Waiting and waiting and waiting....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

Ohhhh I suddenly don't want the 1st of March to come at all....and then in the next instant I can't wait. I'm losing it! :lol:
Karen

Post by Karen »

Only 4 weeks and 2 days to go........

Will the emails be sent out simultaneously at 00.01 on 1 March? I don't know if I will be able to concentrate on the drive home from work that night (I work until midnight). I may check my emails before I leave the office - just in case. Then check again when I get home an hour later, then again when I get up in the early hours because I can't sleep, and then again just before school run.....

Forget "Post-11+ Stress Disorder", it's now "Pre-11+ Results Tension" (PRT)!!! :wink:
marie

waiting

Post by marie »

Hm.... methinks 'morning of 1st 'means post 9.00a.m. but a late night exchage of angst, sounds somewhat therapeutic. Will shortly be couting days as I turn into a truly sad specimen!

Post by Guest »

I was under the impression reading our LA booklet that it was a 'national allocation day' and letters were posted on the 1st March so you didn't actually get them until the 2nd March! Maybe I've misread. :oops:
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

OOooooohhhhh I've just checked our 'Transfer to Secondary Schools' booklet (How many times are you going to read that book, Mum?)and it says.......

"you will receive an email with your offer details on 2 March 2007 - if you submitted your application online.
1st March 2007 letters posted first class to parents/carers with single offer of a secondary school, including the outcome of Redbridge selection tests, if applicable."

So, it looks like 2nd March is the day.

(Stop)
Oh yes, wait a minute Mister Postman
(Wait)
Wait Mister Postman

Please Mister Postman, look and see
(Oh yeah)
If there's a letter in your bag for me
(Please, Please Mister Postman)
Why's it takin' such a long time
(Oh yeah)
For me to hear about that boy of mine
Karen

Post by Karen »

Make that 4 weeks and 3 days instead then.... I'm off to read the Secondary Schools Booklet as I haven't bothered yet. Far more interesting reading on this forum. :D
Karen

Post by Karen »

OK, read the booklet (for Essex - where else?!) - found this:

"1st March 2007: NATIONAL OFFER DATE. Offer packs sent by first class post to all parents living in Essex. An email will also be sent to those who
applied online and who asked for it, confirming the outcome of their
application. If you DO NOT receive a pack by 7th March 2007 then
please contact Planning and Admissions."

I interpret this to mean that packs are sent out and emails also sent out on 1 March......
katel

Post by katel »

In Kent Primary School heads DEFINITELY get the results long before parents do - how else could they do head teacher appeals? I know for a fact that my daughter's head has the results - and I'm sure it's the same in all areas where you have to apply for schools before sitting the exam and where, therefore, the school you are allocated indicates whether your child has passed or not. It may be different where results come out before school allocations, but that's how it happens in Kent.
Nervous Mum

National Offer Day

Post by Nervous Mum »

I telephoned Essex County Council this morning. The man I spoke to said that emails would be sent out on March 1st (he wouldn't be drawn to a particular time) and that letters would be posted on March 1st.

I asked if he could clarify this with someone else as I'd been under the strong impression that letters would be posted Feb 28th to be received by First Class post on March 1st. He was insistent that this was not the case and that letters would be mailed March 1st. "Let us know if you haven't received it by March 7th" were his exact words, as if i could wait that long

I'd be very grateful if other people could ring ECC and see if they get the same answer.
Nervous Mum

National Offer Day

Post by Nervous Mum »

Well looking back at last year's posts on this forum it seems that everyone received their offers in the mail on March 2nd or later - so here's hoping the email arrives sooner!