Waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rastacat

Waiting lists

Post by rastacat »

I am new to the forum so excuse my ignorance. I would really appreciate some clarification on the waitlisting processes? I understand from reading this forum that some grammar school places may be offered well into the start of the autumn term. Are waitlisted places awarded based on 11+ score alone or is there a preference weighting as well ? Did I understand correctly from posts on this forum that requests to be wait listed can be made to a school even if said school was not included in original application ? It all seems very, very confusing!
moved

Re: Waiting lists

Post by moved »

If you wish to be added to a waiting list at this stage you will need to contact the relevant school.

If this is a query for next year then you will automatically be added to the waiting lists for the schools on your CAF, but you may add yourself to the waiting list of the Southend Grammars even if they were not on your CAF.
sohappymum

Re: Waiting lists

Post by sohappymum »

Ds stays in his original position until end of autumn term according to score.My ds just gained a place he was originally 8th on offer day.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now