session times for 2011 11+ CRGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pomme

Re: session times for 2011 11+ CRGS

Post by Pomme »

Hi Everyone I am new to this forum - have just dipped in and read in the past but this year felt compelled to join in. My DD is sitting at colchester girls and has the second sitting so we aim to get her there for 10:00am. We gave her the choice of which of us would walk her in as the letter states only one parent to accompany child to registration. She "It,dip,doed" and poor hubby had to stay in the car but she did say he was to pick her up so we take turns. I digress - what I mant to talk about was that the first session is not actually at the Girls Grammar but at St. Benedict's which is how they can run two sessions so close together. I am a bag of nerves as we have been told by her primary school teachers she has the ability but not the maturity so it will all depend on how she is on the day. Her marks range from the 90's to the 50's depending on her focus so you see our problem. She also has an older brother who sailed through and is at CRGS and she feels she can not compete, however he is being very supportive and saying she can do it. Oh why do I feel so sick - I know and believe they end up in the type of school that suits them and worry will not make any difference and I normally take life in my stride so why oh why has this set me on nerves :?: :?: :?:
moved

Post by moved »

We went through this too. DS sailed into KEGS and DD sat for CCHS. She passed and is thriving but it took until she went to the school before she actually accepted that she was good enough. She has done it through sheer hard work. There is so much more pressure on a younger sibling to follow an older one; however hard we try to avoid it. Very best of luck for your DD.
Pomme

Post by Pomme »

Thanks for the reply - its always good to know you are not the only one in a given situation. Well done to both of yours - I bet you are so proud of them doing just what parents are for singing their praises and embarrassing themlf . I hope I find myself in your position next March but if I don't I will know she tried her best which at the end of the day is really all we can ask.