Good luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jacksmum

Re: Good luck

Post by jacksmum »

Been reading the Essex forum anxiously over last few months and it has been a fantstic help.

Just like to wish all our DC the best of luck for Saturday.

My son is sitting his test at Southend and will be celebrating with Chicken Tikka Masala (his choice) from our local Indian Restuarant.
I have tutored him myself so will be proud of him no matter what the outcome. His hard work and commitment has been commendable. :D
natnats

Post by natnats »

cannot wait for Sat 12.30 when its all over

Promised son favourite breakfast, innocent smoothie for break before VR paper and then trip to GAME afterwards and then Frankie and Bennys for dinner

We are all suprisingly calm...At this stage there is absolutely no point in getting panicky.
natnats

Post by natnats »

Son is at WHSB for Sat morning

He is really calm and confident and does not seem at all worried. His maturity and commitment have been outstanding. He asked me if I would be proud of him if he gets into WHSB. I said regardless of result he has been fantastic.
Pomme

Post by Pomme »

Calm DC is at CHSG on Sat morning and I just want to say good luck to all those DC's who have worked so hard for us parents.I know she has worked her best but we haven't overloaded her as there is no point so whatever she does we will be proud of her efforts
Essex_Dad

Post by Essex_Dad »

natnats wrote:cannot wait for Sat 12.30 when its all over

Promised son favourite breakfast, innocent smoothie for break before VR paper and then trip to GAME afterwards and then Frankie and Bennys for dinner

We are all suprisingly calm...At this stage there is absolutely no point in getting panicky.
Hi natnats,

I don't think DC are allowed out after the first two papers for a break. Anyone else shed light on this? :D
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Might depend on the school. Last year at CRGS my DS was allowed out of his seat before the VR paper. Not sure about the logistics of having your own snack. CRGS provided a drink and a biscuit during this break. Make sure you tell your DC to go to the loo during the interval so as to avoid leaving the room during the VR paper!
Gladitsover

Post by Gladitsover »

I remember my son saying with crgs, there was a very quick 5 mins break after the first paper but it wasn't to leave for a snack (think quick toilet if required). I think they remained seated unless they needed the toilet. After the 2nd paper, they had a longer break (about 15 mins) and left their desks to have a snack and drink and toilet break before the longer VR paper.

I can't believe the exam has come round so quickly! I was a nervous wreck this time last year so I know how you are all feeling. I just want to wish all of your DCs the very best of luck for tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you all.
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

[quote="Gladitsover"]I remember my son saying with crgs, there was a very quick 5 mins break after the first paper but it wasn't to leave for a snack (think quick toilet if required). I think they remained seated unless they needed the toilet. After the 2nd paper, they had a longer break (about 15 mins) and left their desks to have a snack and drink and toilet break before the longer VR paper.

My DS also said this - I definitely told him to go to the toilet whether he needed to go or not so that he could stretch his legs and compose himself ready for the next tests.

Gladitsover - I completely agree...... Where has the last year gone?

Lots and lots of good luck to everyone who is sitting the 11+ tomorrow. :)
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

My DS has been so calm up until 2 days ago and now every evening around bedtime he comes and asks me something or airs some worry he has - I think it may just be because they are talking about it at school.

But I am still 100 times more nervous than him - although a quite nasty bout of tonsilitis this week (despite having my tonsils removed 22 years ago!!) has meant I haven't had the energy or inclination to worry about it much!

So good luck each and every one of you - remember that whatever happens we have brave intelligent beautiful children who are amazing even if they do not get a place at whichever selective school is their choice.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

A last minute good luck to all your children and to all you dedicated parents for tomorrow. I have two extremely happy sons at SHSB so know exactly how you are feeling right now. Just think, this time tomorrow it will all be over! By the way at SHSB they had a 15 minute break after the first two papers for a toilet break, a drink and a snack. :D :D :D