Bizziemum

Re: Good luck

Post by Bizziemum »

Good luck to all our DC TODAY! :shock:
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

Oh Goodness me I feel sick!!
Just dropped DS off at CRGS. As we arrived I said to him "There is plenty of room to park, shall I park up and walk you in?" to which he replied "No mum, it's ok, drop me off you'll probably just make me more nervous anyway" but I now feel really guilty as lots of the boys had parents with them and I feel like bad parent!!!!

Now i've got an agonising 4 hour wait! I feel sick!!

Good luck all
Rinette

Post by Rinette »

Wishing all the children and their parents the best of luck today !
It will be our turn next year, and I can only symphatize too well with the importance of today...
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

colchetermum

i feel the same, DD was bouyant till yesterday, but very nervous this morning.
cant understand the timings either, 2 hour 15mins of tests but they are there for an extra hour
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

You are not a bad parent Colchestermum, your DS was showing you just how independent he is and there's nothing wrong with that. Some children and parents can be quite emotional and it was probably better that he walked in on his own. The last thing you want is tears before they even get into the school. It was us going through this experience last year so I know how you feel. When I collected my DS afterwards I couldn't believe how many parents there were waiting in the playground. I almost felt guilty for putting my son through such an ordeal. I was and still am so proud of him. It takes a lot of courage for any child to sit through the 11+ exam. I hope all went well for your DS this morning. At least he can relax now and enjoy the rest of Year 6!