Today's test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
First-timer

Re: Today's test

Post by First-timer »

Wow! Sounds like it. Although not all illnesses are immediately obvious and not all parents are medically qualified so I don't think it will completely rule out the possibility of appeals. It didn't happen last year.
Pomme

Post by Pomme »

Hi My DD sat it in Colchester yesterday and I was also asked to sign a form saying she was fit to take the test. You can't really appeal against illness unless you have a cert from a Dr saying so and if you can get one that is the evidence to show your DC was ill and at least off form on the test day. One poor girl in Chelmsford vomited twiice - once all over her Maths paper which she then had to hand in - form signed or not I would think she would be entitled to appeal.
pxjain

Post by pxjain »

My DS sat in Colchester school. After the exams his thought were - English and Maths were easy and VR wasn't so difficult but time consuming and he could not answer the last 4 questions in VR. Overall he was looking confident, but anyway he did his best and we will now anxiously wait for the results.

It is annoying that we cannot get the raw scores sooner. I am not talking about ranking for each school, just the raw results sooner would have been very nice.
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

feedback from yesterdays test:
English and maths OK-ish
VR - difficult - missed out last 5 questions due to timing
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

Hi
my DS said the same - English and maths easy, VR harder but he managed to finish it. So proud of him.

Only 100 days to go til results!! Eek!
Hamburg86

Post by Hamburg86 »

Hello,

same here. DS sat test at KEGS yesterday. English and Maths he thought went ok but he ran out of time on VR and randomly ticked 7 questions. Will put it all out of my mind now until at least the end of January (wishful thinking...).
jessmum

Post by jessmum »

Well my DD did the exam at SHG yesterday - and the exam was a breeze compared to the journey we had getting there :lol: - the A127 was shut in two places and Southend was one big roadwork. Its a good job I used to work in the area and know the roads very well so managed to make my way there via some back routes - apparently it caught a lot of parents out and the exam started a little later than it should have to allow for the late arrivals.

Feedback from my DD was Maths and VR fine but English was tough (but that is her weakest point). She missed a few questions out on all papers which doesnt sound great - she is a borderline case anyway so we will just have to see. Its quite daunting when you see so many children doing it and you realise what a huge mountain it is for them to climb. Cant relax yet as she is doing the St Martins entrance exam on Dec 4th. Still, at least she came out of the exam with a positive approach which I was proud of her for. I did feel for the girls that fell weeping into the arms of their parents -its such a huge thing for them and there are no second chances in this exam. Seems so hard for such young kids to go through.

Anyway -Good luck to all. Roll on March!
Rhianna

Post by Rhianna »

Does anyone know how many girls sat the test at Chelmsford on Saturday? We had the afternoon session and it was mobbed!
mw

Post by mw »

My dd sit at chelmsford sat afternoon. I did not ask her about the test, but she told me math and vr are easy, english a bit hard. We then went to a one-day chess competition on Sunday to relax. Good luck everyone.
manicmummy

Post by manicmummy »

My DD sat at chelmsford on Saturday am ...one year 12 said there were about 800 sitting over 2 sessions but not sure how reliable ...if so its more than last year. DD came out smiling which was the main thng, i would have felt terrible had she been crying.S uch a massive ask of10 year old
Maths and Vr easier than the English (her weaker subject so not an unexpected answer) Finished them all and say she checked her work ......time will tell .......best of luck to all :o