Anyone starting to get nervous?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mathsnut

Re: Anyone starting to get nervous?

Post by mathsnut »

I've been told by the 11+ expert at school that CSSE results are emailed from midnight onwards, but in batches so they don't all arrive at midnight. One girl is planning to stay up but we are going to try to be more calm and sensible and wait until 7am. Chances of that happening?! :lol:
natnats

Post by natnats »

Oh no.........not batches. My surname is right towards the end of alphabet. I am resigned to fact that from Sunday 27 Feb I wont sleep.........at all. Even if news is good on Tues will be too tired to celebrate :x
marigold

Post by marigold »

I logged onto the Capita website( the one you make your applications on ) at midnight on the dot and got through straight away. However it took me a couple of minutes and a large glass before I was brave enough to press the button which showed which school my son had been allocated.

We therefore knew straight away that he had got in but not his ranking or actual results until the email from CSSE arrived at about 5pm that evening. A couple of days later a confirmation letter arrived in the post.

Last year, rather sneakily the CSSE offices were shut on the day after the results came out, I assume to deflect a million phone calls. I wonder if they are doing the same again this year?
natnats

Post by natnats »

hi Marigold

Were you essex or southend?. I thought that if I registered online with southend BC(as well as CSSE ) I would get info at midnight but it seems as if I will have to wait......
marigold

Post by marigold »

natnats, we are Essex so all a bit different for Southend I believe.

Not sure why as surely Southend is about as Essex as Essex can get !
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

I will be sat at my computer with wine in hand dead on midnight. There is no way I can last til morning! It's all I think about now let alone in two weeks time!

Thank god I am in Essex and not southend! (sorry natnats)
natnats

Post by natnats »

Its OK have a plan. No diet coke after 6 pm. 2 hours wi fit, long bath and glass of wine before bed ( I never drink so one glass will knock me out.) Hopefully that will do the trick so I can wake up refreshed on 1st..............who am I kidding.

Problem is I am naturally an insomniac. The chances of me getting a good night sleep most nights is very slim let alone the day before I find out if DS gets into grammar.
Guest12

Post by Guest12 »

Lol, natnats......then the long wait for the postman!
natnats

Post by natnats »

I have a great postwoman who always drops my letters off first as she knows I run a business from home. Lets hope we dont have temp staff working that day :lol:
Guest12

Post by Guest12 »

:lol: