Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tammy

Post by tammy »

THANKS HP

GOOD LUCK :D
gina from clacton

Post by gina from clacton »

You don't actually have to open the envelope to be able to read the first line of the letter. Just by gigging it about a bit you'll be able to read through the window which school your son/daughter has been offered

thanks for that guest, do you speak from experience!!!! i hadnt thought of that option.

Post by Guest »

Yep - I was going through hoops this time last year anxiously waiting for my son's results. When at last I actually had the letter in my hand I couldn't bear to look and waited for my son to open the envelope himself. I can really sympathise with you all - Good luck everyone!
Unfortunately having a Year 4 daughter we'll be going through the whole process again in 2 year's time.
Karen

Post by Karen »

I'll get the email so will know first - though I could wait until he arrives home and we read it together (though I know there's no way on earth I could resist opening it). However, I feel if we find out at the same time, and it's not what we hope, my face might not be able to hide it, and so will need time to prepare.
K.
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

I don't know if I will be controlled enough to 'giggle the envelope', I fear I might be too aggressive with my giggling!

There is the steaming open option, which I may well be considering...

ALTHOUGH, when my eldest got their results it was very odd.

The envelope arrived. The kids were upstairs. It was just me and the letter! I grabbed it, walked calmly and surreally to a chair and sat down. Then it dawned on me that the answer was finally in my hands and I started feverishly ripping open the envelope and unfolding the sheet of paper inside it.

My eyes were flashing all over the page and I suddenly realised I had lost the ability to read!!!!!! I couldn't see a single word that I recognised. My heartbeat was racing and I could hear it pounding in my ears. I actually felt faint. I swallowed, took another look at the letter and realised I had gone blind! In my panic I started again, rubbed my eyes and began to read...I read the first few lines three or four times and then realised I couldn't understand what I was reading.

A few deep breaths and then I started reading like a 5 year old, 'dear...mr ...and...mrs...we...are...pleased...' and then I started screaming!!!!! My children came rushing downstairs looking alarmed and I simply couldn't speak! I just kept screaming and shoved the letter into my son's chest, almost knocking him over in the process. He read it, grinned and said, 'Ohhh I thought I'd done something wrong!'

It was a wonderful moment. :D

I wish you all the same joy (apart from temporary blindness, I don't wish that on you :roll: ) this year.
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

If we get the result won't mind going blind.
Guest29

Post by Guest29 »

a couple of years ago we were forbidden by my daughter to open the letter, of course I couldn't resist. So too impatient to steam it, I ripped it open, it was good news, then spent some time putting it in a new envelope, added a stamp and had a go at franking by hand and hoped she hadn't noticed (she didn't). Other child is now awaiting result, we haven't discussed it, but I wouldn't be able to resist opening it a second time. Good luck to all of you.
marie

who opens the letter

Post by marie »

I think 'the letter' has to have the edge on the gut wrenching moment as it is so tangible compared to that simple little email sitting innocent and ordinary on the screen... time will tell!

I was thinking - if say there are 20,000 year 6 kids and 50% opted for email notification - would this affect when the L.A send out notification? I mean, would 10,000 emails slow up their email exchange so much that they action it on a night run as it were? Do I sound particularly desparate?
marie

who opens the letter

Post by marie »

Hm.... I think I meant 'desperate.' Just checking we are all awake....
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear All

The following link may be of some use....email notification will be sent LATE AFTERNOON on 1 March

http://www.essexcc.gov.uk/vip8/ecc/ECCW ... lOid=73740

Patricia