What happens on March 1st?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Minesatea

Re: What happens on March 1st?

Post by Minesatea »

To clarify:

If you are Essex LA and you applied online then you can log on from midnight 1st March to get your school allocation.

If you are Essex LA and postal applied then you have to wait for the letter which is posted on the 1st March for your school allocation.

Other LA's have their own system so you will need to check with them.

The CSSE sends out the 11 plus result at close of day (5pm ish) on the 1st March. If you applied online it will be emailed to you but if you paper applied it will be posted to you. There is no way to look this up.

The LA letter/ email does not give you the 11 plus scores and the CSSE letter/ email does not tell you what school you have been allocated.
moved

Post by moved »

In the borough of Southend you cannot log in to their system you need to wait for an email that is sent out to you. These have been getting earlier: 4pm, 1pm and 7-8am for the last three years.
Pringle

Post by Pringle »

I'm a little confused........is the school allocation available online after midnight on the 28th Feb or is it after midnight on the 1st March?
moved

Post by moved »

From the first second/minute of the 1st so end of midnight on 28th.
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

Thanks Minesatea, now I have a dilemma.

a) pretend I don't know about the email from CSSE, open it and then wait till he (OH) gets home to share the news with him and DS
b) Ignore email from CSSE completely for more than 24 hours for which only full blown, knock-me-out anaesthetic, is going to make possible.
c) tell him about the email and we wait till he gets home to open it. It's also possible he may suggest I wait to read the email until we have the letter too :roll:

Anyone know where I can aquire some pethodine?
sohappymum

Post by sohappymum »

We are still waiting for our csse email it never came! I understand there were a lot of problems so dont bank on it! You may have to wait for letter. I logged in at midnight no problem.
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

Hey ho! - no email no dilemma! :D :x
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Last year the email from the LA never arrived. I don't know anyone who got one - only the letter several days later. Checking the LA website bang on midnight (between 28 Feb and 1 March) is the quickest way to find out which school DC has been allocated. The website won't tell you how well DC did in the exam - you need the CSSE email for that. From memory, the CSSE email arrived at around 8pm on 1 March last year.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

2 years ago the csse emails seemed to work well but the web site was difficult to log onto - presumably due to high traffic. At 12:30 I still couldn't get in so gave up went to bed and logged in first time at 7:00 am. I was determined to find out, not wanting my ds to be the only child who didn't know. When he got to school it turned out I was the only parent who had looked and none of his class mates knew!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Bizziemum wrote:
Anyone know where I can aquire some pethodine?

Ha Ha! yes..... but the GMC won't let me tell you!!!!

....... don't worry we can help online with getting through the time..... it is awful waiting and trying to pretend to everyone around you that you aren't counting the seconds.

Reckon if the e-mail comes then it will have to be "accidentally opened!!!"