How do waiting lists work?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Chelmsford mum

Re: How do waiting lists work?

Post by Chelmsford mum »

jacksmum wrote:I did not really hold out much hope but it has just been confirmed that DS does not stand much chance on the waiting lists for WHSB or SHSB as he is 25 and 26th on the list. :( :( :cry: :cry:

System is so unfair.
I am sorry to hear that and yes it is unfair. It is such roller coaster of emotions and it is hard to truly draw the line under it.So much emotional energy is invested in it all. For what small comfort it may be, the people I know whose children just didn't quite get into grammar are happy and thriving at the top end of their local schools.Once he has settled, you and he won't be living in the horrible land of " what if/if only." In time I am sure you will come to see the many up sides of the school he is going to.
Most of all he has supportive parents and this is the biggest single factor in determining academic success.
Best wishes and still very well done to your son. :D
sar

Post by sar »

just found out dd is 10th on waiting list for col cchs , does anyone know how much lists tend to move as man from lea wasn't able to tell me last years movement.
i'm feeling very anxious!!

does anyone know of any girls not taking up place at colc cchs.
jacksmum

Post by jacksmum »

Thank you so much Chelmsford mum for you lovely words.

I have been pining on to a small glimmer of hope for the last 9 days, but at least I can let go and accept that he got his lowest scores ever in VR and Maths on the day for some reason, and most of all he is happy with his allocated school.

It is unfortunate that the world of the 11+ is so competitive. I realised too late and my son had just two months of tutoring by me, and we sent him to one mock which he done very well in. A good thing too come out of this is that it has given me the confidence to apply to be a teacher - thanks to my DS urging me to go for it. In a few years time I may well be tutoring the 11+. :shock:

I would say to anyone else who has just missed out on a place that thier DC are wonderful and intelligent individuals who will do very well in thier allocated schools, the 11+ has only made them stronger.

To anyone else waiting to hear on waiting lists I wish you all the best of luck and hope you get the outcome that you want.
moved

Post by moved »

Sorry for your news Jacksmum. Glad to hear you have a good comp. Go for it as far as the teaching is concerned. It's a very rewarding job.
poochie

Post by poochie »

I also think the 11+ is an unfair system and is unlevel playing field .......well done to your ds and he will do well where ever he goes because he has such supportive parents.
Some info re waiting lists, i do know a few years back the list moved 18 places for Whsg and I also know for Whsb granted several appeals previously. Also places do come up in the schools later on for whatever reason.... so you could keep name on waiting list come September. Alternatively you can enter at 6th form.