English Paper Nov 2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest12

Re: English Paper Nov 2010

Post by Guest12 »

Moved - I have seen on here that you are a tutor. I would be interested on your views on the English paper??
moved

Post by moved »

I'm still waiting to receive my copy. I will analyse and report after half term as I'm overloaded until half term and then I'm on holiday for a desperately needed rest. :)
Guest12

Post by Guest12 »

OK - would definitely be interested in your opinion, my personal view is that it was a tough one. Have a good holiday!!
moved

Post by moved »

Guest12 wrote:OK - would definitely be interested in your opinion, my personal view is that it was a tough one. Have a good holiday!!
Thanks for your good wishes. I will let everyone know what I think, along with the opinions of my colleagues, after the holidays.

I have all fingers and toes crossed that my flights to Egypt will be uncancelled and I can recuperate.

I'm not tutoring currently, hence no rush, but I still enjoy reading the papers and will perhaps pick up tutoring again when I'm restored to my previous shiny self. :mrgreen:
Guest12

Post by Guest12 »

Fingers crossed you have a smooth flight and a wonderful holiday.

No.5 - thank you but I don't think we will be getting any surprises on results day!! A mild disappointment but remaining in perspective of lifes challenges, it really isn't the end of the world if they don't pass!!
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

OMG! :shock: - I so wish I hadn't read this topic but I just couldn't help myself, talk about tie yourself up in knots! I've swung from extremely positive, to despair and back several times and them some, and now hovering over 'I have absolutely no idea'.

DS was much weaker in English in practice and had no heart for it either. His maths and VR were fine. On coming out he said the English was alright, the maths was fine and the VR good. However, reading some of the posts above and knowing him I can't see there being the surprising result in English that I hoped for!

Que sera sera!

Hope to see you all the other side of 'the day' celebrating - good luck everyone.
Guest12

Post by Guest12 »

Sorry Bizziemum, I feel a little responsible. For myself I know my daughter completely mucked up. The test was hard, however all the children will be in the same situation so on an equal footing and are less likely to have mucked it up as stylishly as my daughter!! Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the English marks for most children will be lower than the maths and therefore it's still an open race to the finish post!!
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

Guest12 wrote:Sorry Bizziemum, I feel a little responsible.
It's okay - I'm a big girl :D
You shouldn't despair, as we know it's all relative and you never know it may just come good in the end. Fingers crossed for you and your DD.
Guest12

Post by Guest12 »

Absolutely bizziemum, it is all relative, so your son will hopefully do well. My DD was a borderline GS anyway, so even if she had done ok in English she still may not have got a high enough score. She's still the bright child who was capable of getting into a GS that I had before the test, nothing has changed
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

Guest12 wrote: and strong mathematicians were not given the opportunity to shine.
All scores are relative per subject, my DD is a strong mathematician so she is disadvantaged by this imbalance in the difficulty of the papers :(.

The PAN London register will be finalised on tuesday the 15th and the primary and secondary schools will be informed on the 23rd.
We have to wait till 1/2 march.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now