What happens on March 1st?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cinnamonstick

What happens on March 1st?

Post by cinnamonstick »

Can anyone please tell me what the procedure is for allocation day?
I applied via post to CSSE for 11+, but online for Essex CC school applications.

What time do the results come through online? Do you have to log-on to find out, or do you have to wait for an email to be sent to you.

Or will I get results by post?

Rather confused.

Thanks
moved

Re: What happens on March 1st?

Post by moved »

I wasn't in Essex, but from what I know you can log on from midnight to see your allocated school. CSSE send their results out a little later.
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

Log on to find out which school your DC has been allocated. If it's the one you want then (whoop-de-do) the letter from CSSE is just a cosy bit of reassurance (like that 2nd pregnancy test you did 11 plus years ago?). If the Council's website tells you "St Bloggs Comp" or "3rd Choice 2 and a Half Hours Away Grammar" then the letter from CSSE will confirm the bad news (like that 2nd pregnancy test you did 11 plus years ago?) and also give your child's position in the ranking for 1st choice school which will give you a fair idea how long you should wait before you give up and buy the St Bloggs blazer.

At least, I think that's how it works.

And yes - the stress is making me frivolous! (sorry.)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

push-pull-mum wrote: And yes - the stress is making me frivolous! (sorry.)
also on march 1st there will be controlled breathing classes ... bit like 11 years ago :wink:
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

Here in Thurrock, as I understand it, we have to wait for the letter to come from the LA, whether we applied online or not, so won't know anything till at least the 2nd. From what's been said above does this mean I can expect two letters, one from LA and one from CSSE?

Was just mentioning to other half this morning that would pick DS up from school, hopefully clutching said letter, pop to his Grandmothers and open it there. He then informs me, we have to wait a further 4 hours till he gets home from work so he can be there too! :roll: I'm not sure my nerves are going to be able to take it - anyone know where I can get hold of some gas'n'air, I don't think controlled breathing is going to cut it - I shall make him pay !! :evil:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

virtual gas'n'air also available here...
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Bizziemum wrote:Was just mentioning to other half this morning that would pick DS up from school, hopefully clutching said letter, pop to his Grandmothers and open it there. He then informs me, we have to wait a further 4 hours till he gets home from work so he can be there too!
Tell him you did not go through all that pain 11 plus years ago just so he can make you wait till he gets home. The one who pushes also gets to open the letter when she wants. :D
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

hermanmunster wrote:virtual gas'n'air also available here...
...and thank goodness for that too! :) This site is a lifesaver. Will be watching very closely while I wait it out.

Bromley mum - yes you're right, I wouldn't mind but it's me that has done all the leg work as far as the 11+ goes too, no wait, I tell a lie, he 'helped' decide it was a good idea in the first place and came to look round a couple of schools.

Seriously though, I feel privileged to be able to spend time with the kids while he's out at work, so deep down, I don't really begrudge him this little 'moment', so I guess I will just have to grin and bear it - do you think they would tell me over the phone? :lol:
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Thanks guys you have made my day - its a long time since I have trully LOL reading a thread!

Bizziemum - you will get two letters one from the LA and one from the CSSE. However if you apllied online to the CSSE then you will get the 11 plus result by email at about 5pm on the 1st March.

This can be confusing if you haven't yet got your school allocation as it only tells you your DC's scores and ranked position for the selective schools you applied for. If you apply for eg. CRGS which has 96 places and get a ranking of less than 96 then obviously they are definately in, however a ranking of 105 probably doesn't mean they haven't got a place as an unknown number of the top 96 won't have put CRGS as their first choice school and may have been allocated somewhere else. Last year there were lots of parents posting with ranking positions trying to establish the cut off position for their school to work out if their DC had a place or not.

That would require more than virtual gas n air, probably pethodine.
sohappymum

Post by sohappymum »

Yes if you log on at midnight on essex cc website you will see school allocation if you have applied that way .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now