OMG FROM SOUTHEND

Re: Scores 2011

Post by OMG FROM SOUTHEND »

I`m sill here and waiting!!!!

Is anyone with me out there???????
manicmummy

Post by manicmummy »

you poor thing ....have been following the forum after another sleepless night ...our results come at 5 pm today so there is every chance could have a long wait like you ....fingers crossed that you have your good news soon OMG.
Well done to those who had marvelous news over night . Good luck to everyone waiting.
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

Congrats to everyone who have got their first place.

My DS did not get into CRGS - to say I feel deflated is an understatement. I kept a brave face on and the comp he has been allocated is one of teh best, but now he's at school and I don't have to pretend I am thoroughly depressed! :cry:

Just waiting for CSSE email now so I can see how bad he did and if there is any hope for waiting lists.

But I am happy for everyone else so well done everyone!
OMG FROM SOUTHEND

Post by OMG FROM SOUTHEND »

colchestermum wrote:Congrats to everyone who have got their first place.

My DS did not get into CRGS - to say I feel deflated is an understatement. I kept a brave face on and the comp he has been allocated is one of teh best, but now he's at school and I don't have to pretend I am thoroughly depressed! :cry:

Just waiting for CSSE email now so I can see how bad he did and if there is any hope for waiting lists.

But I am happy for everyone else so well done everyone!

Ohhhh i`m sorry you didn`t get your ds choice. I don`t even think mine has passed anyway but would just like an email telling me his school.
pxjain

Post by pxjain »

Congratulations to all
I am over the moon
DS got the first choice i.e. KEGS
I am so proud of him.
Unfortunately the Suffolk CC website and email has an issue with the wording.
Dear Mr XX
Thank you for using the Online Admissions Application Service.
The Local Authority's allocation process has resulted in the following for each of the
preferences you expressed in your application:
Preference Offer Status
1 King Edward VI Grammar School (Essex) Place Offered
2 Colchester Royal Grammar School Not Offered
3 Farlingaye High School Not Offered
I am sorry that it has not been possible to offer a place for your child at any of your preferred schools. We are offering you a place for your child at another school, which is named after your preferred school(s) in the list. Further details, including how to appeal, will be sent to you in a letter today. (1 March 2011)
Kind Regards,
Admissions Administrator

Called Suffolk CC and they confirmed the place and asked to ignore the message at the bottom.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Unfortunately the Suffolk CC website and email has an issue with the wording.
Interesting, an identical problem came up on the Devon forum for Plymouth LEA. Possibly some kind of software error! As many LEA's use same software it could be quite a widespread problem. :?
jacksmum

Post by jacksmum »

DS has not been allocated a his 1st or 2nd choice grammar yet, and it looks like he will be attending local comp - a very good school so not too unhappy.
I am hoping that his score will be high enough to be high on the waiting list.
More waiting now for the CSSE email and then possibly the wait to see if he gets in or not :(
mathsnut

Post by mathsnut »

Still waiting! Off to work at my DD's school in just over an hour. She's expecting me to turn up with the answer :(
tomsmom21

Post by tomsmom21 »

have been told that southend have had a lot of e mail " go missing" if you call them on 01702215007 and select option 2 they are happy to tell you ! good luck
swot

Post by swot »

We are applying for Southend Grammar from out of borough so we had to apply by post only and will have to wait for our results to come in the mail!
Well done to all those whose DS have earned their preferred places.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now