KEGS 2011 Waiting List for 11 Plus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chief

KEGS 2011 Waiting List for 11 Plus

Post by chief »

Does anyone know the movement in the KEGS waiting list today. Any information is most appreciated
mathsmum

Re: KEGS 2011 Waiting List for 11 Plus

Post by mathsmum »

I believe as of today it has moved one place.
HTH
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

Does anyone know what the cut off for KEGS was on allocation day? Either score or ranked position? Sorry if it's on another thread somewhere - I couldn't find it.
mathsmum

Post by mathsmum »

Hi
I phoned up CSSE last week and was told that the cut off was early 160s. I asked whether the lady could be more specific and she said that it was around 161-162. Based on these figures and the info from the Essex Admissions today, the waiting list has either moved 1 place (if it was 161) or not at all (if it was 162) judging by the position on the waiting list.
HTH
chief

Post by chief »

I am a little puzzled as to why there is very minimal activitiy concerning this question. Are there no waiting list for KEGS at all or is everyone happy with their placement?
A friend said that some peolple callously hold on to their KEGS places even though they are CERTAINLY not going there - I simply find this hard to believe.
Please keep the commentary flowing, you never know, you comments might make someone else's day :D
choudsal

Post by choudsal »

I was told by LEA that there is little movement at this time of the year and that past experience dictates any significant changes towards summer term, but again that's not always consistent. The waiting lists feel like a lottery!
no.5

Post by no.5 »

Hi Chief

I would be shocked if this was the case. Also once you get your acceptance letter etc from KEGS you have to accept it by the 14th March or you could lose the place. I'm sure the waiting list might move a little after this date. FX.

GL xx
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Sadly this is the case. People do accept both grammar and indi places in March and don't decide until much later which they are going to take up. :(

Last year at CRGS 1 boy who was expected didn't turn up on the first day, it turned out he had gone to a different school and the place was re-offered.

There is hope of a place from the waiting list right up til 31st Dec.
2 to go

Post by 2 to go »

DD is in Year 7 at CCHS. She said that 2 people started the September term a couple of days late as they had just been given places from the waiting list when other girls did not turn up. Another girl arrived approximately 5 weeks late when a space became available.
chief

Post by chief »

Does anyone know of any movements today? Given that yesterday 15th was the deadline for accepting or rejecting.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now