Help-I'm having a flap!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jessmum

Re: Help-I'm having a flap!

Post by jessmum »

I wouldnt be put off by putting a further away school on the CAF if you do your homework. We took a chance as we knew DD would be borderline at getting a high enough score for SHSG (we are out of catchment for Southend) and also put an excellent Comprehensive with no out of catchment entrance exam as our second choice. We are approx 5 miles out of their usual catchment - not a HUGE distance but everyone told us we were wasting our time. She didnt get it on allocation day however she is number 2 on the waiting list and Admissions seem confident she will get a place in the next week or so. We are over the moon - and although DD is disappointed she missed out on SHSG (excellent scores on Maths and VR but a total and complete catastrophe on English!) the out of catchment school has excellent results and we are certain DD will do very well there. I think sometimes people are put off applying for popular schools if they arent in the area as so many "urban myths" perpetuate the playgrounds. Go and visit the schools on open day and make a point of speaking to the admissions office - they are usually very honest and open about your chances based on where you live.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now