SHSB Yr7 New Starter in Sept 2011 Hints and Tips

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
24seven

SHSB Yr7 New Starter in Sept 2011 Hints and Tips

Post by 24seven »

My son is due to beginn at SHSB in Sept and very much looking forward to it , any parents with the 1st year behind them able to help with pointers as to how to make this transition smooth in the 1st year, any hints, bits of advice on anything would help especially info on balancing academic/sporting pursuits in the 1st year
Fran17

Re: SHSB Yr7 New Starter in Sept 2011 Hints and Tips

Post by Fran17 »

Hi 24seven,

I have two sons at SHSB, one of whom is in year seven at the moment. Don't worry about balancing academic/sports pursuits, they don't give them a tremendous amount of homework in Year 7. I think the school seems to regard year 7 as a period of transition and allows the boys to adjust and get used to the damands of senior school. Both of my sons have quite a lot of extra curricular activities and haven't had to drop anything due to pressure of school work.

The induction days are great. As my sons are from out of borough they didn't know anyone at the school and I was so relieved that they both made friends on the induction days. The out of borough boys also have an extra induction morning to give them the opportunity to get together. Both of my sons are extremely happy and have made great friends. We are very pleased with the school. :D :D :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now