Entry into Westcliff for my Y7 son.......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moved

Re: Entry into Westcliff for my Y7 son.......

Post by moved »

Congratulations, it's very hard to win a place mid-year, so it just shows how much he deserves the place.
sohappymum

Post by sohappymum »

Congratulations maymum and your ds ! My ds gained a late place three weeks in last September to CRGS and I followed your threads hoping you had good news.Now you have!

Well done!

sohappymum
onlyme

Post by onlyme »

Finally...
He got what he rightly deserved... So thrilled for both of you :D
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

UNBELIEVABLE. You guys have really earnt this place at GS, you deserve a medal for keeping at it. This will undoubtably give a real +ve to your son who will now start to believe nothing is impossible.

Great stuff and best wishes

HD
natnats

Post by natnats »

Fantastic news............... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
maymum

Post by maymum »

Thank you everyone for your amazing comments...........still can't believe it :lol:
Hoping for DS to start ASAP within the next couple of weeks. Will call WHSB tomorrow to arrange date to pop acceptance forms back into school and hopefully arrange meet with Y7 head and have a tour of School and get uniform. I also need to arrange consortium bus place.
Need also to let DS's comp know he will be moving to WHSB.
Will let you all know when we have a start date :D
Thank you all again for your wonderful comments.
X
maymum

Post by maymum »

Hi all,
Our DS start date is 21st June. I popped all paperwork into WHSB today and we will be attending WHSB this Friday to meet Y7 Head and have another look around school. I have arranged consortium bus, got in touch with a local boy who will be on bus with our DS. I also met with DS comp Y7 Head to inform him of recent events and found myself very emotional :cry: I am having a 'Wobble' about my DS leaving his comfortable comp, HELP is this normal???????? After everything we have been through I did not think I would be so emotional about DS leaving his brilliant comp!!!! for WHSB :cry: :shock:
sohappymum

Post by sohappymum »

Hi maymum

Just read your reply and had to tell our story! My ds was offered late place three weeks in for CRGS last September I was obviously thrilled for him.We revisited school ,bought uniform,arranged bus then I wobbled!!!!

We had many a discussion as a family ,tears ,arguments over the uncertainty as my ds was happy at his comp. At the end of the day grammar schools give children a confidence and many more opportunities. Also as my husband says if the decision turns out wrong then we will deal with it. The decision for our son was never wrong! I dont know why I wobbled I think as a mother we look at the bigger picture and see the possible fears . The first morning he started I was really worried but my husband took him and collected him so I remained calm !

You will not regret it I am sure .

Best of luck on his future we have not looked back my ds loves it !

sohappymum
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Hi Maymum, It's perfectly understandable to feel like that. You have experienced a lot of emotions in the past few weeks (months even). You are in a fortunate position that your son started Year 7 in a good comp school so it's natural for you to feel sad. But just think where he is off to now...

You sound very organised, everything is in place and your son will be fine at WHSB. Please keep in touch and let us know how he gets on. Your story had a wonderful ending and I am so happy for you both.
maymum

Post by maymum »

so happy mum, thankyou for sharing your experience it's obviously quite normal to 'wobble' :lol:
I have to say, it's probably not helping that entry is so very late in the academic year and that's why I am having a 'wobble' and being emotional :cry:
I think also I feel guilty as DS comp is a fantastic comp (William de Ferrers School) and they have pushed and challenged our DS and our DS has risen to the occasion every time so he is a bit of a 'star', I suppose I feel we are pulling our DS out of a 'starring' role into a bit of the unknown. It is also a great comfort knowing your DC will never struggle and is very confident in his 'starring' role, so therefore I can sit back and never worry about our DS achieving as he so obviously will at comp. Indeed, in Y8 he is streamed to be in all top sets, not sure this will happen at WHSB (they only stream English, Science and Maths at WHSB). WHSB is, without a doubt, a brilliant school but it's the unknown and not feeling comfy that's causing MY stupid, very silly 'wobble' :shock:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now