11+ Familiarisation Classes for Year 5

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Another worried Mum

11+ Familiarisation Classes for Year 5

Post by Another worried Mum »

I have just found this on the Westcliff High School for Girls website today and thought that it may be of interest to parents of Y5 children looking to sit the Essex Consortium papers later this year.
11+ Familiarisation Classes

Westcliff High School for Girls is organising classes for Year 5 girls and boys who would benefit from the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the types of questions they will meet in the 11+ selection tests. There is no charge for this activitiy.

Pupils need to be able to attend two consecutive Saturday morning sessions.

In the case of oversubscription, priority will be given to pupils on Free School Meals, and then pupils whose family is on benefits other than working tax credits. If oversubscription continues, pupils will be chosen by ballot.

On the first morning pupils will be introduced to the Mathematics and English papers.
On the second morning pupils will be introduced to the Verbal Reasoning test.
Further details and an application form on the WHSG website - NOTE: The classes are for both girls and boys :)

http://www.whsg.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - details and link to further information and the application form are on the RIGHT side of the webpage. Applications need to be submitted by MONDAY 20th JUNE - so there isn't long if you are interested!

(Sorry for the capital letters, I am not shouting - honest - just wanted to stress a couple of bits of information!)

Hope this is helpful for anyone out there :)
moved

Re: 11+ Familiarisation Classes for Year 5

Post by moved »

One of my pupils attended these sessions last year. The parents were pleased with the course.
First-timer

Re: 11+ Familiarisation Classes for Year 5

Post by First-timer »

Thanks for that! Not got a Y5 DC but will bear it in mind for next year. It's a really good idea.