Bus from Thurrock to Chelmsford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CraftyMinx

Bus from Thurrock to Chelmsford

Post by CraftyMinx »

Hi all,
Just posting a link on here of a news article featured in this weeks Thurrock Gazette. Might be of interest
to those attending or hoping to attend KEGS or CCHS.

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/news/9 ... ol_pupils/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Readthequestiondear!

Re: Bus from Thurrock to Chelmsford

Post by Readthequestiondear! »

Thanks.
I am interested to support this bus service. My DS is due to sit the 11+ exam in November 2011. I was shocked to discover that the only way my child can get quickly into Chelmsford from Pitsea was to go into to West ham.

This means that those who live 40 miles drive away ,in London can get to Chelmsford quicker (29 minutes)by train , than someone who lives a 15 minute drive away, with no direct bus or train service......nearly unbelievable!!!!
CraftyMinx

Re: Bus from Thurrock to Chelmsford

Post by CraftyMinx »

I know how you feel, we're in Stanford and when DS starts in Sept will have to ferry him to Laindon first where he can pick up the 561 school bus. However, this still takes about 50 mins. We don't want him to have to make this journey for any longer than necessary so will be moving to Chelmsford within the next year. Not sure if and when the Thurrock bus starts it will be any better time wise will have to wait and see.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now