WESTCLIFF HIGH SCHOOL FOR GIRLS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
goldjag

Hullbridge girls

Post by goldjag »

Hi Jo

Glad you received the information & it was of help to you. Just to wish you & your daughter good luck & all the best in the coming months. If you need any more information etc regarding the 11+ or school just drop me a line.

One thing I would recommend is when you submit your application for the schools do it on line as everyone who did this year, received their results a day earlier. I work in IT & was torn between should we or shouldn't we apply on line as this was the first year you were able to register this way.
My friend was able to view which school had been allocated on the 1st of March, where as we had to wait for the postman to arrive the next day, which wasn't until 10:30. We found this one of the most stressfull parts as we had to let our daughter go to school not knowing, and was told not to open it until she came home for dinners.

Best regards
Jacqui

Post by Guest »

Has WHSG banked your cheques yet? The ones for school fund, locker deposit, music tuition all that sort of thing - I sent mine off months ago but they still haven't been banked.
GOLDJAG

Post by GOLDJAG »

Hi

No our cheque hasn't been cleared yet. I had got to the point where I was wondering if a signed the cheque prior to sending it & maybe they were waiting for induction day to let me know. WHSG idd ring me as I had forgotton to include a copy of our daughters birth certificate so I keep thinking they would have probably said something then.

Glad to know someone else is in the same boat.
snouty

what have i been missing

Post by snouty »

sorry to butt in ladies, have been browsing forum for a while and then bingo!!
whsg....my daugther starts in sept, she is the only one from her school, very quiet and nervous esp around adults. i have been a nervous wreck - thank god for induction days. she now has 2 really sweet girls who will be travelling in with her, and we know a current yr 7 and 8 girl to look out for them the first few days. i'm not sure about the cheques bein cashed - but have any of you set up the paypal a/c? Have also said i will help on their first activity trip - is this sad? this is my eldest dd, and letting out the apron strings is not easy. let het walk to bus stop today BY HERSELF!! took 4 mins there and back, yet still had to watch from window!!! does this get easier??

am desp to register but keep getting thrown out as don't seem to be able to read that funny letter code on registration - any ideas?

hope you will include me,

see in sept?
Chardan

Post by Chardan »

I know that there have been no new posts on this thread for a while, but here we are again at results time and I would be grateful to hear how your daughters fared in September.

My daughter has just been offered WHSG and as we live well out of catchment I know that she will be asking lots of questions over the next few days/weeks about the journey and a host of other things!

All help and advice would be greatly appreciated!!
DiW

Post by DiW »

I too would love info and help re WHSG. We got the prospectus out again last night and went through it with a fine tooth comb and tried to remember all the details of the open evening. It's hard when it's so long ago!

Feedback from parents about how their children have settled at WHSG, how much homework they get, opportunities for trips in year 7 etc. would be gratefully received.

Chardan - thanks for your PM last night - hope you got my reply?
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

my daughter started WHSG in September, so feel free to PM me about questions any time! x
DiW

Post by DiW »

Hi Joanne
Thanks for your reply. How is your daughter enjoying Westcliff so far?
Mine has confessed tonight that she is very worried about leaving her small little church school and her friends to move on to a school with 1000 children. Are Westcliff good at making the new girls welcome and helping them to settle in?
Looking forward to hearing from you
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

Hi DiW

It sounds like your daughter is in the same boat as my daughter was last year, my daughter came from a small church school, and didnt know anyone, and had to get a bus at 7am to get to WHSG, but has loved every minute, and made some lovely friends since she started in September, I couldn't ask for a happier child, she has enjoyed every minute! I really hope your daughter enjoys it as much as mine. Good luck for September x

Joanne

P.S My daughter is happy to answer any questions that your daughter may have! Just PM me. :)
Another worried Mum

Starting In September

Post by Another worried Mum »

My DD will be starting at WHSG in September. :D ! Another friend from her state primary class will also be starting at the same time, along with another friend from Guides.

We live in the Billericay area and would love to meet up with any others from the same area, so that we can have a few more friends before September!

If you are in the area, please PM me and we can perhaps arrange something?