Choosing the right grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
three

Choosing the right grammar school

Post by three »

My DD will be taking the 11+ in November 2011 and I would appreciate some advice on the different grammar schools in Essex. I am aware that they are all excellent schools academically but I need to find out a little more about the atmosphere of each school. My DD is quite mature and studious and likes the idea of a "calm environment". Does anyone have first hand information on either SHGG, WHSG or Chelmsford CH so that I know what the atmosphere is really like on the inside? Any mums or dads' opinions with daughters at these schools would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
moved

Re: Choosing the right grammar school

Post by moved »

I really think that it depends on your child. For me, DD works hard and I am pleased with the school; DS does not work hard and I was less pleased, but I do appreciate that he is also the problem.

DD is in CCHS and works very hard, but still has fun. She has plenty of opportunities for sport and music, which pleases her. Hard work and achievement are rewarded with certificates each term and prizes at the end of each year. She has spent two years there and I have been very pleased.

Plenty of girls are less hard working, but they do all seem to do the minimum.