HELP!!!! TAXI/BUS SERVICE REQUIRED

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
zenzar

Post by zenzar »

Has anyone had any joy with organising a service down the A13? or require additional pupils to join a new service then please get in touch.

There is a minimum 10 pupils requiring transportation from the A13 area to the 2 Westcliff Schools & Southend Boys, however, we have insufficient no's to start a new service and would like to hear from anyone that is planning to run a service along the A13.
tami

Post by tami »

:cry: we had no joy either down the A12 looks like theC2C for us!
Tami
zenzar

Bus Service

Post by zenzar »

Is there any feasibility in running the service you were planning down the A13 :?:
tami

Post by tami »

it was the quotes for the costs per day they were far too much money
Tami

Post by Guest »

I can't get my head round the fact that you are all stressing over the journey you will have to take to your kids new school.I would never in a million years let my child take a test at a school which is too far away.If I did consider it I would have to move house.Having said this i wish you all good luck.
zenzar

School Travel

Post by zenzar »

Its not a question of being stressed - its a case of making the journey has straightforward as possible (i.e. in the least amount of time) - after all the children will have enough homework to do each evening, hence the easier the journey the better.
Southend parent

transport to Southend

Post by Southend parent »

Two things. Firstly what on earth makes someone put a child down for a school without knowing how they are going to get there?

Secondly, the c2c is actually quite a good bet because SGSG is near Southend Central not Southend Victoria so it is fine if you are coming in from Greys or Basildon, etc (and cheaper, probably).
zenzar

Travel

Post by zenzar »

With regards to the 2 stations you state the travel is not to Southend girls school.

With regards to the 1st point (if this of interest to you) - there are a number of ways to achieve travel to the Westcliff schools. Naturally, one seeks to simplify as much as possible. Also, there is a school bus service that runs from Basildon to Westcliff which I'm sure is better & quicker than C2C.

Post by Guest »

the c2c is a good option for shsb I'm not stressing my son will be travelling from Barking. Orginally I would have liked him to travel via minibus/taxi hence I started this thead however in the light of before and after school activities it just wouldn't be viable.
The reason why he sat the test was to get into a good school. A travelling time of 40 to 50 minutes isn't going to harm anyone. Travelling around Ilford on a bus to some schools would take longer. :shock:
The out of catchment meeting at shsb last week was invaluble. We now know of at least 9 boys who will be travelling from upminister on the 7;23 c2c to southend central , then the no 5 bus opposite shsb, in good time for school.
Hope this information is useful.
zenzar

meeting

Post by zenzar »

Was the out of catchment area meeting at SHSB organised by the school or parents? Westcliff has induction days next week so can suggest such a meeting for parents to discuss their options.