Is the 11+ for the 2013 entry in September?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moved

Re: Is the 11+ for the 2013 entry in September?

Post by moved »

I also heard this, but not until the weekend. We can phone the CSSE on Monday 31st when they are open again.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Ahhhh! Wonder if it'll be a trick or a treat?
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

First-timer wrote:Ahhhh! Wonder if it'll be a trick or a treat?
I hope it's a treat for you all. It can be quite disconcerting when they change things in this way. The date changed from the end of January to the end of November just before one of my DSs sat the exam. I am sure they will announce it well in advance so you have plenty of time to prepare your DCs.
manicmummy

Post by manicmummy »

Spoke to CSSE last week they are unaware of any drastic date change. Sorry peeps thought I had already posted this but obviouslymy IT ineptness to blame once again! :roll:
moved

Post by moved »

Thanks MM.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The new admissions code will, subject to parliament, be in force for admissions in 2013 so I would at least hope that either CSSE or the LA have already given some thought to the matter. Other areas have already made announcements in anticipation of the proposed changes.

The consultation documents are here http://www.education.gov.uk/consultatio ... 744&menu=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1.26 Admission authorities must:
- inform parents of the outcome of selection tests before parents make
applications for other schools – while making clear that this does not
equate to a guarantee of a selective place.
crgsmum

Post by crgsmum »

If you have a look at the postings under other counties and Devon is one example, you will see that they are expecting to have to bring 11plus for 2013 admissions back to September 2012. This isn't too much of a change for Essex, just a few weeks but in some parts of the country and Devon is one of them, the 11 plus exams are held in January at the moment.

If the new code comes into force I don't think the CSSE will have much option but to move it forward by a few weeks.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

That's really interesting, Crgsmum. I've had a look at the Devon forum and then googled for a corresponding minutes of council meeting. Looks like there was a meeting in July and further meetings are to follow in November and March. I expect the CSSE will be unable to confirm any changes affecting the date of the exam until after at least one of these meetings.

I reckon it's best to assume the exam will be early and then at least we won't be caught out.
Manana

Post by Manana »

Wow-I'd really like to know sooner rather than later if this it to be the case. Surely CSSE will need to start informing people soon-it's less than a year away. People might have booked a holiday!
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

I agree. I'd like to know now. Trouble is that the official stance is that DC just need a couple of hours' familiarisation rather than actual tuition. Less than a year is ages on that basis. As long as the test is during term time then I don't see any consideration being given to parents' holiday plans. Grr!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now