YIPPEE...............its over!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tanner

YIPPEE...............its over!

Post by tanner »

just talked 2 dd over the phone! finished the tests well in time.very happy that its over.wont grill her about the tests till bedtime coz i know she is very exhausted (woke up @ 5.a.m)! off 2 wrap dd's gift before she returns home!!!soo......glad that the day finally arrived .one down one more 2 go!
SEP18

Re: YIPPEE...............its over!

Post by SEP18 »

:D :D :D :D :D
Hooray! Hooray! All finished - am so pleased that that is it!

Good luck to your DD tanner - my DS finished all the tests too. Fingers crossed for them both. Am looking forward to a good night's sleep with a little medicine to help me along the way!
sian6484

Post by sian6484 »

What a relief - DD said Maths was hard but English and VR not too bad - now the long wait.
Hoping Christmas will be a distraction.

Good luck everyone!
shagor21

Post by shagor21 »

My DS woke up at 5am and sat at morning shift for KEGS. According to him English was hard , math & VR was fine. Any similar comment from any DS who sat at KEGS.

Thanks.
Shagor 21
Readthequestiondear!

Post by Readthequestiondear! »

Hi

My DS sat, this morning at KEGS. He said that the English was "really hard" and the maths and VR were "Okay" Umm.....!

He also mentioned that quite a few of the children went to the toilet during the course of the exams, and were allowed back in to finish- which I thought would not be allowed. Can any one shed some light on this please

Regards
Last edited by Readthequestiondear! on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Try not to dwell upon anything your children tell you. When my middle DS sat the 11+ I asked him which novel the English passage was from. He said he couldn't remember the title but it was from a French book. :o I was a bit puzzled but didn't ask any more. Later that evening a friend of mine told me it was Tess of the D'Urbervilles. I remember thinking, oh well, never mind, I'm sure he did his best. He did in fact do very well. Enjoy the relief of the exam being over and have a wonderful weekend. :D A big congratulations to all your DCs. :D
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

Fran17 wrote:Try not to dwell upon anything your children tell you. When my middle DS sat the 11+ I asked him which novel the English passage was from. He said he couldn't remember the title but it was from a French book. :o I was a bit puzzled but didn't ask any more. Later that evening a friend of mine told me it was Tess of the D'Urbervilles. I remember thinking, oh well, never mind, I'm sure he did his best. He did in fact do very well. Enjoy the relief of the exam being over and have a wonderful weekend. :D A big congratulations to all your DCs. :D
That's funny - my DS has no ideal what the English passage was from today ................ I guess I will find out after the 30th - Moved has requested that no one put any information about the tests today on here. Look forward to the 30th!!
rhubarbcrumble

Post by rhubarbcrumble »

Hi there
Firstly, well done to all of our children for even sitting this test. It is such a stressful event for them all - one poor mite was sick at the registration point today and I saw a few coming out in tears bless them.

I asked my fairly shell-shocked girl about difficulty level - (1 being easy and of course 10 being hard) and her reply was this: English about a 6, Maths 7.5 and VR a 4!!

Have spoken to others since and their kids felt quite similar.

Now the hellish wait. Oh joy. :roll:
tanner

Post by tanner »

thnx Sep18 for your warm wishes.would like to echo the feelings running across the forum.had a quick chat with dd about the test right now .she found maths the hardest(which i already knew,as none of us in the family is Andrew Wiles)!english was o.k and vr was deffo easy.looking forward to countless hours of tv viewing and then a sound sleep zzzzzzzzzzz.....
Last edited by tanner on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vasu

Post by vasu »

DS found VR easy, Maths moderate but English a bit tough. :) He was at KEGS this afternoon.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now