YIPPEE...............its over!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NOTLEY PARENTS

Re: YIPPEE...............its over!

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

My DD sat her test at Chelmsford in the morning and found the English quite hard and the VR and Maths ok, she managed to finish the papers and had time to check them over so Im pleased about that. Thankfully no toilet disturbances in her room or sickness/crying, I overheard another girl telling her parents that there were a few sick in her room and it was left for ten minutes or so before it was cleaned up, how awful.
The worse part was the carpark, on returning to pick up our DD we couldnt even get in the carpark, the main road was gridlocked as the boys school fininshed presumable just before the girls and on top of our lot retutning to pick their DD`s up the next sitting was turning up early, it was utter bedlam and I had to jump out down the road and run up to collect our DD. It then took us about 45 minutes to get back out of the carpark. Thank goodness this is our last, I dont think my nerves could cope with all this again. This evening we had a little bonfire and sacrificed our 11+ books and papers, that felt jolly good I must say. On that note well done everyone and goodnight.
hopingforcrgs

Post by hopingforcrgs »

:D Hooray, thank goodness it's over!![/i]
My DS took the 11+ at CRGS - first sitting and no disturbances reported.
Drop off was very well organised too.
His view was English - quite hard (unable to answer 2 questions).
Maths - good although some tricky questions.
VR - again some tricky ones and none of his favourite types!
Overall, DS pleased - so fingers crossed he's done enough!
Back to some normality for a while - until the night of 29th February (how cruel to make it a leap year!!)
ahap

Post by ahap »

I had to jump out of the car as well to collect DS. Could not see him with my height but it helped me to go through small spaces in between, :lol: he was in the first group of DCs out at Kegs, picked him, followed intructions over the phone by DH to find where he was parked, saw him at last phew :!: !!!, went to a restaurant, had lunch, DCs enjoyed the time out, especially DS and I felt relieved.... :D
BUT have to start the whole process again with my DD :shock:
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
KM

Post by KM »

Very glad that is over - and as it was my youngest dc we don't ever have to do it again - hurrah! DS did the second sitting at KEGs. He said only 2 boys went out to the toilet during the VR and none in the other papers so he was not disturbed. He thought the maths and English paper were ok and didn't find either more difficult than the other. He thought VR was fine - having said all that he though he did ok in his mock and he really didn't!!

I am just very proud of him for making it through the whole experience as he was shaking like a leaf when he went in and looked very pale indeed. What a lot of stress to put young children through. Now we have to try and forget about it till March!
anxiousanna

Post by anxiousanna »

My ds came out of CRGS very upset, he was at the morning session. He found English easy, maths ok (one tricky question) and did not complete VR. VR is normally his strength but necessary toilet trips for other children distracted him unfortunately. :(
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

AnxiousAnna, please don't worry. My DS didn't finish his VR paper and still got a CRGS place. If he's got all of the ones he managed to complete correct and has entered guesses for the rest it's not that bad.
moved

Post by moved »

DD didn't finish her VR paper either (took the exam with a broken finger) and she comfortably got into Chelmsford.
anxiousanna

Post by anxiousanna »

Thanks First timer and Moved, that really helps. He does have a high accuracy rate so, maybe that will be enough. THANKS :wink: