Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hermanmunster

Re: Tips for Essex 11+?

Post by hermanmunster »

arsen wrote:
Teachermum76 wrote:
arsen wrote:To be honest - my Ds went through them with the tutor he had - she had copied going back to 2004 I think. ALso the Letts KS3 comprehension books were good. However, I bought some of the Loiuse staples ones (an essex examiner I believe?). Happy to send you electonic copies of those if you want. I'm new to this forum but I assume I can PM these to you?

That would be utterly wonderful, thank you so much! I'll PM you my email address. Thank you!

Should be in your inbox now - pleasure to help. It's a zip file - but let me know ifyou have problems opening it - I can send them separately.

Hi - could I just point out that the papers are subject to copyright and hence should not be copied and distributed either by photocopying or electronically.
moved

Post by moved »

Teachermum76 wrote:
SEP18 wrote:My DS had a tutor and he worked through the Bond books for English, Maths and V.R. 9-10 and then 10-11. He also did 10-11 plus (Bond).

can I just ask which are the 10-11 plus papers? Are they different to 10-11?

Does anyone know when the Maths/English CSSE papers sat this year will be available to buy?
Yes, they are the books above the 10-11. Significantly harder. I use them with bright pupils who want extra work on top of my own material.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Is this something different from the Bond Assessment Papers? The front of mine say they do 5-6, 6-7, 7-8, 8-9, 9-10, 10-11+, 11+-12+ and 12+-13+.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

They used to be sold as "more fourth papers" as opposed to the "fourth papers" but looking at the site recently there now seems to be book 1 and book 2 for each level.
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

The Bond books are 10-11, More Third papers. My DS was given these to do after the 10-11 standard books. His tutor did not think it necessary to do the 11-12 books.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Sorry I was in a hurry this morning.

This is the link to the ones I used.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/9 ... Years.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We also used fifth papers but we were aiming at superselectives only.

If however you look at them on a well known online book site they seem to have dropped the 3rd, 4th, 5th ect. and just sell the assessment papers by age group with a book 1 and book 2. I'm guessing that book 2 is the old "more" papers but I don't know. Can anyone confirm this?
mygirlsmum

Post by mygirlsmum »

Can I say that the most important tip anyone gave me is for your child to look up every word they did not know when reading. Its amazing how many children read books and skip over words they are unfirmiliar with.

Also not to do actual 11+ papers until Sept before the exam. If you do them to early your child wont have put in the groundwork to get a decent mark and then they'll be disheartened - by all means do practice papers that can be bought from Amazon quite reasonably but leave the actual previous papers til Sept onwards.

We used Letts, Practice Papers by Peter Williams and Bonds plus free papers from the website *** Advertising Censored ***.

Hope this helps