Addicted until March.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
taximom

Re: Addicted until March.

Post by taximom »

Hi Chazz

It appears that there are a few of us around! I understand that the primary school will get the results eventually unless you opted out (which fortunately I didn't!) so if all else fails I'll ask her school - though it may mean a wait!
chazz

Post by chazz »

Thanks for that taximom, I didnt realise a copy went there too.....might just give them a call, you never know!

:)
rhubarbcrumble

Post by rhubarbcrumble »

Before I log off for good, I just wanted to echo what others have said and say very well done to those children (and parents) who managed to get a GS place and a hug and sincere commiserations to those who didn't. I personally would have been cut up at having to tell my girl bad news so I totally empathise with those of you who had that awful task.

It was a tough and difficult journey with mixed emotions along the way and most certainly not for the faint-hearted. And, again, like a lot of others have said previously, all of our children will do well as they have the immense support and love of their families.

Huge thanks also to the moderators who, with their knowledge (and wit) have helped make this whole malarky much more bearable.

My best wishes for the future to all of the DC and parents and to those of you who are embarking on this journey for the first time - use this forum, it will prove to be invaluable.

Over and out... :D Rhu x
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

Nice one Rhu :) and so say all of us.

Why not return from time to time to spread some of that hard earned knowledge? :twisted:

Anyway your DD will be bumping into one of mine who is already at SHSG, she will love it there!
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

I agree with Kaynor, you do not have to log off now.

I found it very helpful when DS was starting Year 7 and everyone was really kind in answering, what I can only describe as worrying mum questions!! :lol:
rhubarbcrumble

Post by rhubarbcrumble »

Hey Kaynor and Sep18 - that wasn't a very long over and out now was it?! :lol:

Still up at 1.12am as I can't sleep and thought I'd take another peek on here. Seems that I can't leave it alone - even now it's all done and dusted for us!

Kaynor - it is a lovely school and she is so looking forward to starting there. I have a question actually - I went there many moons ago and the children were grouped into classes by surname. Do they still do this or has it changed since then?

Thanks.
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

:lol: Just got in and thought I would have a peek, you are not the only addicted one!

They now tend to cluster them together in geographical area groups if possible. So the Leigh girls are in the same form group, Billericay/Wickford together etc. Seems to work well as they of course also tend to travel together.
olu

Post by olu »

Hi everyone

My DD got into her 2nd choice SGHS :D , her second choice. Am so estastic and have been rolling around since thursday, only just been pulled up by DD.
My deepest Commiserations to Sahara and the rest that they didnt get through, I empathise with you and can only imagine what you are going through.
It was tough this yr with alot of applicants so many kids did not get a chance. I hope and pray they all do well in chosen sch and reach their full potentials. They shall be whatever they are destined to be, dont lose hope.

best of luck for the future .
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

rhubarbcrumble wrote:Over and out... :D Rhu x
Don't go anywhere rhubarbcrumble. My DS3 is now in year 8 and I am still on here. I have found the threads relating to GCSEs, Sixth Form and Universities very useful with regard to my older two DSs. Keep posting! :D
rhubarbcrumble

Post by rhubarbcrumble »

Fran - you are so right. I posted that and have been back about 10 times since. :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now