Bus from Chelmsford to Westcliff Schools and SHSB (NOT SHSG)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Thanks Sue. Elliot enjoyed the additional opportunity to visit the school and to chat with some existing year 7s. He met a boy from Chelmsford who is not on the list of out of town boys so that was good.

As you say, the school is doing a fantastic job in helping the boys to adjust to the change. Next stage is a whole day visit 2 weeks today which Elliot is looking forward to - who said there was no such thing as a free lunch? (Free school dinner for everyone that day!).

See you on the 9th.

Post by Guest »

i just want to say that the informal meeting of out of catchment boys for shsb was an excellant idea. we are pleased that our son adam met several boys who will be travelling the same route via c2c to school. Not only are we all now feeling more confident about the journey to school it was a good opportunity to meet some of the parents.
well done shsb!!
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Thought it might be worth bumping this topic for this year's intakes at SHSB, WHSB and WHSG

Well done all of you and don't panic about the journey - my year 7 son is coping just fine and is absolutely loving SHSB.
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Thought it might be worth bumping this again for those thinknig of travelling to WHSB/WHSG/SHSB from Chelmsford.

The bus is working really well for us, very reliable and now a few Yr 7s have joined my son's bus has been upgraded to a proper 52-seater coach.

The bus is chartered from SBC, and as a Southend United fan, it makes me smile to see him sometimes get on the coach liveried with the SUFC Supporters Club theme ("Sammy & Elvis on Tour" on the back!)
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

++BUMPED+++

For those new entrants to SHSB, WHSB and WHSG who live in Chelmsford, the service offered by parents and known as "The Westcliff Bus" offers a quicker service from and back to Chelmsford than the consortium buses.

E-mail p.strickland@clara.co.uk for more info
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

The operation of this bus service has now been taken over by the coach company SBC.

They provide an excellent service, 2 routes around Chelmsford that serve WHSB and WHSG, one of which also goes to SHSB. No stops between Chelmsford and the schools and an earlier leaving time means that children on these buses are home earlier than the consortium ones.

My son is at SHSB and is usually home indoors (in Broomfield, one of the last stops) before 4.45.

PM me if you want more details.)
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Just thought I'd log in to see how everyone is doing on here. I well remember the anxiety and excitement that we experienced when DS got into SHSB in 2007 and DD into CCHSG last year.

Just in case anyone on here wants transport from the Chelmsford area to the Westcliff Schools and Southend High for Boys then I can thoroughly recommend the private (not consortium run) service that used to be known as "the westcliff bus" and is now run by SBC leisure.

All the details are here - may give you another (quicker) option and one of the routes now goes from Great Notley.

http://www.sbcleisure.com/?page_id=47

Any questions then please do not hesitate to contact me - although I must stress I do not work for or represent the company, I'm just a parent like you!
Romfordmum

Post by Romfordmum »

[quote="Shrimpergarry"]Just thought I'd log in to see how everyone is doing on here. I well remember the anxiety and excitement that we experienced when DS got into SHSB in 2007 and DD into CCHSG last year.

Just in case anyone on here wants transport from the Chelmsford area to the Westcliff Schools and Southend High for Boys then I can thoroughly recommend the private (not consortium run) service that used to be known as "the westcliff bus" and is now run by SBC leisure.

All the details are here - may give you another (quicker) option and one of the routes now goes from Great Notley.

http://www.sbcleisure.com/?page_id=47

Any questions then please do not hesitate to contact me - although I must stress I do not work for or represent the company, I'm just a parent like you![/quote]

You can't help yourself can you Garry!!!!!!!!!!
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Romfordmum wrote:You can't help yourself can you Garry!!!!!!!!!!
Tee Hee - thought that "Romfordmum" must be you :wink:

Good luck for tonight/tomorrow - thinking of you!
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

+++BUMP+++
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now