Bus from Chelmsford to Westcliff Schools and SHSB (NOT SHSG)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Oh Shrimps, I really miss reading your name on the forum!
marigold

Post by marigold »

I know what you mean, he almost became my best friend first time round ( when I was a lurker ) and when I realised one day while watching the news that the Shrimper thing related to a football team I shrieked out loud and scared the children.
Shrimpergarry

Re: Bus from Chelmsford to Westcliff Schools and SHSB (NOT S

Post by Shrimpergarry »

++++BUMPED++++

The Buses are now run by SBC Leisure:

http://www.sbcleisure.com/?page_id=47

They operate school transport services from Great Notely, Chelmsford, Billericay and Ingatestone to Westcliff High School for Girls/Boys and Southend High for Boys. I can vouch for the quality of the service DS is now in yr 10 at SHSB and has used this from the start. They use proper executive coaches, rather than buses, and are much quicker than the contract ones.

They're taking bookings for 2011/12 now, so if you're in the north of the county and going to WHSB, WHSG or SHSB they're worth a look.

PS - Also, if like me you're a Southend United fan, one of the coaches they operate is the one in the SUFC Supporters' Club livery, so my son sometimes goes to school on a coach that says "Sammy & Elvis on tour" on the back (which makes me happy)!!!
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Hope you don't mind me jumping in. Just to say the SBC Leisure buses do not run from Billericay to SHSB, the SHSB boys get the Consortium run bus which is a great service and very reliable. The SBC Leisure Bus which runs through Shenfield, Ingatestone and Billericay only goes to WHSB and WHSB.

Good luck to everyone awaiting results!!
Last edited by Fran17 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
EKK

Post by EKK »

Hi Everyone,

I have already posted this under a different heading.
I am desperately looking for transport options for one of my pupils.
Namely, from Colchester to Westcliff High School for Boys.

I know the two Consortium buses do not run this route.
Are there any parents out there in a similar predicament? May be we can come together to organise a private bus or minibus for this journey. Please advice.
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Just bumping this topic for anyone living in Great Notley, Broomfield, Chelmsford, Baddow who is fortunate enough to have got into the Westcliff schools or SHSB this year.

The bus service is one of the best kept secrets - safe, quick and reliable.

My son is now in yr.11 and has got it every day since starting at SHSB. There's only 3 SHSB boys on it, so it really is a well-kept secret!

Looks like they now do different routes that pick up in Billericay and Ingatestone too

http://www.sbcleisure.com/?page_id=47
jsevo550

Post by jsevo550 »

thanks for 4 years of excellent info. my son will be at shsb from sept and i'll prob take this option up as i'm in springfield.
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Congratulations!

If you have any other questions abou the school the DM me.

There is an SBC bus that goes through Springfield, but that route only goes as far as the Westcliff schools. For SHSB they have to be on route B which comes from Gt Notley, past Broomfield Hospital, The Angel (where my son gets on) and Broomfield Parade (bus stop near KFC)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now