Am I buying the right book? (warning: Letts/giraffes etc!)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Manana

Am I buying the right book? (warning: Letts/giraffes etc!)

Post by Manana »

I have got the Letts/GL VR pack of 4 papers-the pink one with the poxy giraffe wearing a graduation cap on. I know there are some sets out there that are the same and it really confuses me! Can someone be kind enough to tell me which book this is the same as-is it the GL pack 1 or the Letts pack 1?

Or are the new Letts different? What are the new Letts papers like?
vasu

Re: Am I buying the right book? (warning: Letts/giraffes etc

Post by vasu »

This is Lett 1-4 series. Which is same as GL pack (noughts and crosses ones) 1-5. GL assessment 5-8 are different and harder and do not have any animals pictures that I know of.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I have got the Letts/GL VR pack of 4 papers-the pink one with the poxy giraffe wearing a graduation cap on. I know there are some sets out there that are the same and it really confuses me! Can someone be kind enough to tell me which book this is the same as-is it the GL pack 1 or the Letts pack 1?
What is the ISBN of the pack?
toolate

Post by toolate »

Would anyone be prepared to prioritise which books are the most important/relevant for CSSE?

Sorry for being so clueless - but I am really confused by all the choices and the sense that some series are more relevant than others for certain regions.

Any advice gratefully received....
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

All the appropriate materials for Essex are listed in our bookshop here http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/Essex/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GL papers used to have a giraffe (etc) on the front, but they are now noughts and crosses and Letts now has the rights to the giraffe. The Letts papers are appropriate for Essex, but they are a little odd in places, so don't expect very high scores.
moved

Post by moved »

Bond books for English and maths, CSSE papers, Louise Staples papers for exam papers.
VR needs multiple choice, such as Letts, GL assessment, The Tutors Papers and Walsh are good, Bright Sparks too. Essex uses the same format as Bucks and Kent for VR.

Good luck.
toolate

Post by toolate »

Thank you so much - it is really helpful to know where to start....
Manana

Post by Manana »

mitasol wrote:
What is the ISBN of the pack?

This is the ISBN number of the one I have. So, should I get the second GL pack? Do people not think the Letts own ones are worth bothering with?

Thank you so much!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

It looks as though you actually have the GL Assessment papers from before they parted company with Letts in the spring of last year ... http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/s ... rch&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The acid test is whether they have 85 questions on each paper. The Letts papers and the second pack of GL papers all have 80 questions on each paper.
Manana

Post by Manana »

Sally-Anne wrote:It looks as though you actually have the GL Assessment papers from before they parted company with Letts in the spring of last year ... http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/s ... rch&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The acid test is whether they have 85 questions on each paper. The Letts papers and the second pack of GL papers all have 80 questions on each paper.
Right-I've checked and they have 85 questions on each paper! Which ones do I have and which are the others I should get?

Thank you!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now