Distance from Colchester North station to CRGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Clarabelle

Re: Distance from Colchester North station to CRGS

Post by Clarabelle »

First-timer & dutchy - thanks so much for the update, that info is a little more comforting. As a parent you want to know that issues like this will be swiftly dealt with. DD struggles with 'reading' people & she probably wouldn't even recognise it as bullying as such & just keep it inside until she is at meltdown point (we speak from previous history on this).
Clarabelle
djy76

Post by djy76 »

My dd uses the 525 as well and I can recommend the service, it is one of the many parts that my dd loves about going to ColCHS.

Good luck
djy
education

Post by education »

Thanks for all the advice and issues I didn't even think of.

I really appreciate it :D
moved

Post by moved »

DD took the 676, which is more expensive and for us less convenient than the 525. The 525 was full when we tried to book a place in August. She wasn't aware of any bullying issues, but as she was yr12 she kept herself to herself. She described the bus as noisy.

She now takes the train from Chelmsford to Colchester North and walks with friends from the station. The advantage of the train is that it is cheaper and quicker than the bus.

She says the walk is 25 mins. If she takes the bus after school then she catches it at the Odeon as there is room.
KB

Post by KB »

A few thoughts:

For year 7s the walk from the station is probably a step too far - but lots catch the bus as so well described :)

If any DC has a problem with bullying on buses they or you should speak to their form tutor or Head of Year or any member of staff they feel comfortable with at CRGS and it will be taken seriously.

The school recently joined the Abellio Greater Anglia student discount scheme so check with the school office before buying a season ticket.
moved

Post by moved »

The discount scheme is really good, but only offers termly tickets. The children need a photocard and then you phone Abellio and go to Option 3. This is the business travel section. They have a list of schools that participate. At 16+ it is massively cheaper as they have to pay adult fare.