Its easier the second time!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KM

Re: Its easier the second time!

Post by KM »

I am finding it much more stressful second time round and I think that is because we had a positive outcome last time. I don't want ds comparing himself negatively to his sister if he doesn't get the same outcome she did. I have spent the last few months telling him how much harder it has got to get in to the grammars over the last 4 years since dd did the exam and that she probably wouldn't get in if she had to do it this year!
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I found second time far worse and am absolutely dreading third time - will be a neurotic wreck:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'm finding it much worse too .I would have thought you'd find it easier knowing what to do...but I've completely forgotten what I did with DS1 and when and of course DS2 is desperate to go to the school as DS1 .I'm worried he will feel so down about himself if he doesn't pass and then will his life take a completely different direction to DS1 ..and in a worse way ? :cry:
nini

Post by nini »

Hi! We applied to CCHS but we are living at the moment in Southend. Does anyone know what time app we would be expecting an e-mail? Should I have the computer on through the night?
Feeling VERY stressed!! Thank you and good luck! xx
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

Completely agree its harder the 2nd time around! This is youngest and fortunately last time round, both DDs, and I feel nervous for her as she wants to go to the same school as her sister!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY :)
moved

Post by moved »

Nini, last year the earliest I heard last year was 5am. Sorry. If your daughter does get in and will be travelling on public transport could you let me know. I know a lovely girl who will also be travelling. Unless you are her parent!
nini

Post by nini »

Thank you moved but DD found maths really hard and left some questions unanswered so I guess she will not make i! Will let you know!
moved

Post by moved »

On the March thread, it has been posted that a Southend parent heard just after 12!
tami

Post by tami »

Definitely more stressful third time around!!!!! :cry:
Tami
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now