Waiting List for Kegs 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ollybeak

Waiting List for Kegs 2012

Post by Ollybeak »

My heart goes out to all those on the waiting list for KEGS 2012. Having looked over the thread for last years waiting list it looks as though this is going to be a slow and agonising wait. It appears that those offered both independent and grammar school places hold onto to both places for as long as possible to weigh up and consider their options. This then impacts on all those desperately waiting for some movement on the waiting list. It looks as though this whole process can be dragged out to the end of the summer term and sometimes beyond. I would like to appeal to those holding both places to be considerate of others on the waiting list. Whilst it is accepted that some very important decisions have to made it would be very helpful if those definitely about to decline the grammar school place could let Essex Council know their decision.
toast

Re: Waiting List for Kegs 2012

Post by toast »

I suppose it doesn't just affect Kegs because some of those on waiting list for that school may decide to opt for another GS for which their DS's scores will qualify them, if they are worried that they may not GS at all, and so create anguish/disappointment/fury at other GSs. Do you think whoever devised this system would score highly on an 11plus test? :evil:
Ollybeak

Re: Waiting List for Kegs 2012

Post by Ollybeak »

I just wanted to add a personal note of thanks to CPM1771 for his posts on this topic. He really has been most helpful and we are grateful for his words of wisdom. Hopefully the message he has posted on the independent schools thread will provide a timely reminder to those intending to decline grammar school places.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now