Changes to the exam for 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jojo1

Changes to the exam for 2015

Post by jojo1 »

Hi, I've already gone through this once for my ds who is going into yr 8 in Sept and at WHSB. My younger son will be going into yr5 in Sept. Can anyone tell me what changes there are to the exam now for children sitting the exam in 2015?
Many thanks in advance.
ToadMum

Re: CHANGES TO THE EXAM FOR 2015

Post by ToadMum »

Have you had a look on the CSSE website? The exam has only just been changed for 2015 entry, so it's unlikely there will be further significant changes just a year later.

Changes to the Selection Test for 2015 entry
The CSSE group has decided to make some changes to the Selection Test for 2015 entry.
The decision has been taken in order to bring the papers more in line with the expectations of Level
5, KS2, National Curriculum, for both English and Mathematics and to better reflect the educational
experience of primary school pupils.
There will not be a discrete Verbal Reasoning Paper.
New English Paper
The new English paper (in line with the expectation of Level 5, KS2, National Curriculum) will
comprise:
Comprehension, grammar and vocabulary questions
Two pieces of creative writing
Applied reasoning (literacy/verbal)
The paper will last 1 hour, with some additional reading time and will be worth 60 marks in total.
New Mathematics paper
The new Mathematics paper (in line with the expectations of Level 5, KS2, National Curriculum) will
comprise:
Questions consistent with KS2 of the National Curriculum
Applied reasoning (mathematical/non-verbal)
The paper will last 1 hour and be worth 60 marks in total.
Free familiarisation papers are displayed on this website.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx