Chelmsford induction day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NOTLEY PARENTS

Chelmsford induction day

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

I just wondered what other girls will be wearing to the Induction day on Tuesday, the letter said casual so Tshirt/leggings kind of thing with trainers will do?
mclm

Re: Chelmsford induction day

Post by mclm »

That's exactly what DD1 went in a couple of years ago. There will always be those who wear their best labels & want to make an impression, but I personally think they need to be comfortable and relaxed.

Hope all goes well x
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Thanks mclm, quick Freeport trip and we are sorted. Any idea what sort of sports they participate in?
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

DD had a fab day at Chelmsford today, made new friends already which is a relief :D

I have the form groups list here and it may be of interest to some to know there are 119 girls on there not 120!!

Also overheard parents in the queue that they knew of a late arrival having had a call yesterday, not sure obviously if true but it could still mean there is movement. I believe two have been offered since my daughter accepted!
Oneofeach

Post by Oneofeach »

Hi,

My daughter is in the form which appeared from the list to have only 29 girls, however she assures me that there were 30 of them there today and one name was missing (the girl in question having been offered a place only yesterday).

I haven't had much more info about the day (a bit too hot and tired to answer questions from an inquisitive Mum!) but she did seem to have had fun.
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

That answers that then!! How fortunate to be offered a place before induction, they must have been so pleased.
KLM

Post by KLM »

Hi

I am really pleased that the induction day went really well for your daughter NOTLEY PARENTS.

Guess what I will be doing tomorrow?!!! After realising last week from your posting that my daughter had moved up the waiting list your message today may mean she has moved up further - fingers crossed!!

Is anyone aware of continued movement of the waiting even after induction days have occurred please?

Thank you

KLM
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Good luck KLM what position was your DD?
Tick Tock!!

Post by Tick Tock!! »

Fingers crossed for you KLM :D It's worth when calling ECC asking them how many went off the waiting list for the school over the summer period last year. I asked this question for COLCHS and was told that 5 went off the waiting list from end June to beginning of autumn term! I know every year is different but this information kept me going!

Best of luck to you and your DD. I hope you have good news soon :D

TT
KLM

Post by KLM »

Thank you so much for your wishes Tick Tock and NOTLEY PARENTS. I called ECC after you mentioned NOTLEY PARENTS that your daughter had received a place last week to find that she was 4th. Hoping that if there has been further offers since receiving your letter then she may be getting close to the top!

I will certainly ask the question Tick Tock - thank you for the advice.

KLM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now