Feedback from WHSG 3 days induction.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

event1

Feedback from WHSG 3 days induction.

Post by event1 »

Hi everyone,
My DD had her 3 days induction at WHSG last week and she felt good about it allaying my own anxiety about her travelling to school and settling down to study and enjoy her education. The whole experience and information provided seems overwhelming for me for me initially but the fact that it is all written down make me feel better as I can go home and read it with DD. Uniforms bought and it looks good on her (not the cost). She knows her form tutor and her way round the school fairly well ( fingers crossed)the girls have tasks of making at least 2 new friends and homework for the summer holiday :)
How do other parents feel? This might help to prepare the parents of girls sitting the exam soon.
RGA

Re: Feedback from WHSG 3 days induction.

Post by RGA »

Thanks for reporting on this. I hadn't realised there was such a lengthy induction, but I think it's a really good idea. I will certainly mention it to my daughter (taking the exam this September), who will find motivating to know that she would be able to learn her way around and meet people in advance of starting.