KEGS meeting for parents

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Blitz

KEGS meeting for parents

Post by Blitz »

Was it just me, but was anyone else shocked by the amount of people walking out of hall last night at the end of HT talk and all the way through the deputy's question/answer section?

I found it very rude and disruptive (as they certainly did not walk quietly). I am astonished that these parents can not spare an extra 20 minutes to make an informed decision about their son's future as the questions asked were excellent.
jojo1

Re: KEGS meeting for parents

Post by jojo1 »

I agree and thought it was really rude. I was also surprised with the level of children who attended even though the meeting said parents only. We all find it difficult to arrange childcare and my children were most upset they did not celebrate their daddies birthday properly as we went straight from a celebration evening at our childrens school at 4pm and rushed off to the meeting at Kegs. We sorted out a babysitter which I know isn't always possible for everyone but is for those with both parents who attended the meeting. Rant ove :x grrrrr.........
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

I was also shocked at the number of people walking out on Thursday. I know sometimes you have to leave early but can't believe that so many were in this position. Not only was it rude, it was disruptive and made it difficult to hear easpecially up in the gallery where we were. Hats off to the lady who pointed this out and you would have thought this would have shamed any more thinking of going, into staying but no, there was then a further steady stream of people filing past! If their children have manners like their parents then maybe KEGS is not the school for them! This was my second parents meeting at Kegs as I had attended a couple of years ago and I don't recall any such exodus on that occasion.
jojo1

Post by jojo1 »

Have any of you attended the Kegs school tour before? Ours is tomorrow afternoon, my son is really looking forward to it.
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

Hi Jojo1,
Yes, I did it with DS no.1 two years ago (he's finishing year 7 there now!). When we did it then two year 8 boys showed two sets of parents and sons around answering any questions we might have. Might be a good idea for your son to jot down any questions he might have, they're usually not the same as the ones we might ask. At the end we met up again in the library where there was another chance to ask questions as far as I recall. I'll be doing it again on Wednesday with DS no. 2.