SIF for CRGS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CardyMow

SIF for CRGS?

Post by CardyMow »

Do you have to fill in a SIF for CRGS? Is it different to the application to sit the CSSE 11+ exam? If so, how do you go about getting one to fill in, and is there a date it needs to be returned by?

I am a little confused by the whole SIF thing, as I haven't come across it before, so any advice would be welcomed.
Minesatea

Re: SIF for CRGS?

Post by Minesatea »

For CRGS the SIF is the form you fill in (or submit on line) to the CSSE to apply to sit the 11 plus. CRGS have not had any other form in the past. The cut off date is the 7th Sept 2012. Once you have your result you apply for the school on your CAF.

SIF forms are used by schools that admit by either ability/aptitude or religious criteria. In Colchester you will also need to fill in a SIF if you wish to apply to Philip Morant (for a technology aptitude place) or St Benedicts. I think for those I got the forms from the school at Open day but you may be able to download from their websites.
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

Thank you. I have already registered my son for the 11+ online, so I assume that is done.
St. Benedicts is too unlikely, not Catholic OR anywhere near there, and Philip Morant is inaccessible by public transport from where I live, or at least in time for registration. Two buses to Philip Morant, one to CRGS.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

PM was a logistical problem for us too, but we used it as our final choice because their aptitude test exam used to be the week before the 11 plus. Although it was NVR so not helpful as a true mock it gave them the opportunity to sit an exam in a hall under exam conditions (something neither of mine had ever done), it also seemed to get some of the nerves out of the way before the 11 plus.

Best of luck with CRGS.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now