So...who is DIY'ing?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

campergirl

Re: So...who is DIY'ing?

Post by campergirl »

My other point about DIYing is how much I've relearnt too. I probably did a lot of the Maths and English over 25 years ago but it's just been stored in some dark corner of my brain that I don't use anymore. What I now know about English grammar is beyond belief and it has reignighted my love of algebra; don't get me started on VR, I love this too! Bring on the secondary school homework :lol:

Yes this is a mum talking :)
toolate

Post by toolate »

I agree. I feel totally prepared for Saturday. Sadly I can't take it for DS....

I did laugh at the recent Sunday Times article on 11+ where the whole cohort of authors and academics failed a Susan Daughtrey administered test - even the much lauded headmaster of Wellington! The only convincing pass was a scientist and even he got 70% first time around.....made me feel very smart!!
campergirl

Post by campergirl »

toolate wrote:I agree. I feel totally prepared for Saturday. Sadly I can't take it for DS....

I did laugh at the recent Sunday Times article on 11+ where the whole cohort of authors and academics failed a Susan Daughtrey administered test - even the much lauded headmaster of Wellington! The only convincing pass was a scientist and even he got 70% first time around.....made me feel very smart!!
Yes I saw that too! I think I'd panic having the time limit. I think I'd be OK at VR though, right up my street.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now