No discussion of exam until after late sitting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HAJI

Re: No discussion of exam until after late sitting

Post by HAJI »

My DS said there was one question asking what the meaning of "eerie" and one asking for the spelling of hysterical. He said there was about 40 questions in the maths and there was a carpet tile question where he managed to rip the page on while he was rubbing out his goofs!!!!! He said the VR was a lot harder than the practice questions and there was hardly any maths VR question types. There was 2 puzzles in the middle that we're straight forward but he was said he answered all the questions and still had time at the end!!!!!! Why do I get the feeling he missed a load!!!!
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

All I got from DD was the name of the English text. :roll:

Does anyone have DC who sat the exam on the second date? How did your DC find it?
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

It's not long until the 15th when we find out some info as to how our DC have done. Just remember that our DC aren't always the best judge of how they have performed. I've tried to speculate how my DD has done, it's really difficult from the little that she has told me to tell how she has performed and probably quite futile for me to try to do so. I haven't got a lot of info out of her, and I don't want to put too much pressure on her to tell me. She has told me about a maths question involving airport/ flight times to America. I know she skipped a few VR questions and forgot to even guess them! There is nothing I can do about it now, so I'm trying to be positive about it all. I'm trying not to turn into a nervous wreck :shock: and at least on the surface stay cool. 8)
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

Really freaking out now - were there not 15 questions in maths with various sub questions within each question?? DS says that at the end of the maths paper it stated that "you should have completed 15 questions".....
Last edited by seriousmum on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chai

Post by Chai »

seriousmum wrote:Really freaking out now - where there not 15 questions in maths with various sub questions within each question?? DS says that at the end of the maths paper it stated that "you should have completed 15 questions".....
That's what I understood. Please don't worry.

I am sure if your DS says he went to the last page and saw the usual End of Test message, he must have completed the paper.

Good luck. Only another 12 days to go.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

It was out of 40, but some questions were possibly worth 2 marks or were sub sectioned.
robina

Post by robina »

My son told me that there were 15 maths questions,some were very easy but others were multiple choice type,There was one question regarding time difference from UK to newyark...which was bit tricky....In English there were 13 marks for spelling and 12 for punctuation.My son told me few words like Guarantee,disappearing,calm,caused,targetting which need to be corrected in spelling question...he told me there was one wird from text which was Allitration one.others were multiple choice .In VR he said there was question of opposite words like what is opposite of debate?i ll ask more questions from him.
robinataimoor
Manana

Post by Manana »

robina wrote:My son told me that there were 15 maths questions,some were very easy but others were multiple choice type,There was one question regarding time difference from UK to newyark...which was bit tricky....In English there were 13 marks for spelling and 12 for punctuation.My son told me few words like Guarantee,disappearing,calm,caused,targetting which need to be corrected in spelling question...he told me there was one wird from text which was Allitration one.others were multiple choice .In VR he said there was question of opposite words like what is opposite of debate?i ll ask more questions from him.
Opposite of debate-that's a tricky one! What is it? Agree?!
ahap

Post by ahap »

That's a tough one, I think it is agree or agreement.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
ahap

Post by ahap »

We don't know what words they got. It could be some other words, like compliance, unanimity etc....??? :shock:
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.