CCHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

purplegirl

Re: CCHS

Post by purplegirl »

That's such a shame if they've decided not to expand the school, there is plenty of room on the campus to accommodate it and a lot of very bright girls who could take the places. When I saw the document, it was subject to approval by the Governors, so I can only assume that they have rejected the plan. :(
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

purplegirl wrote:That's such a shame if they've decided not to expand the school, there is plenty of room on the campus to accommodate it and a lot of very bright girls who could take the places. When I saw the document, it was subject to approval by the Governors, so I can only assume that they have rejected the plan. :(
There may well be room for 2013 intake for another class but in 5 years time I think an increase of 112 overall will see it bursting at the seams. Unless they can build another block of course (or two).
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

Sorry, didn't put that very well, when I said there was enough room on the campus to cope. I meant that I thought there was sufficient space at ColCHS room to extend/ improve some of its existing facilities and/or longer term build an addition block without impinging adversely on the current school environment. Also, I don't think another class would lower the academic standards at the school, as many girls who are denied a place at ColCHS have scored only a few marks lower than those who have been successful in getting a place, and there is always a waiting list of very clever and able girls who would thrive at the school. Ultimately its up to the Teaching Staff, Governors and Parents to decide if they want to expand the school, unfortunately parents of potential children have no say. :|
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

I suppose they didn't need to consider it at all. The proposal must have come from the intention of providing a GS education for as many DD's as possible. I'm sure they've got good reasons for keeping the status quo. Still, it would have been nice...
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

I suppose its down to finances like most things and the way the country is at the moment I shouldnt think they envisage having enough donations for a new building in the forseeable future. Chelmsford were lucky enough to have a very large donation for their extension and are hoping to back it up with guaranteed monthly donations from parents.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now