I can't resist any longer!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chelmsford12

I can't resist any longer!

Post by chelmsford12 »

Hello there and thank you so much to all who contribute to this invaluable forum. I have been buzzing around tentatively for a while, taking on board your helpful comments and discussions. I have finally got the guts up to register and start posting!
I have a child in year 4 who will be giving the 11 plus a go in two years' time. Though I am hesitant to start tutoring too early, I would like to start researching tutors now, and would be really grateful for any recommendations or advice. I am a little concerned about the fact that my son's school doesn't encourage 11 plus entries in any way, and there is no G&T provision at all, so I am wondering if we should start tutoring sooner than originally planned. Anyway, any advice or recommendations with good track record would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance
Fun Mum

Re: I can't resist any longer!

Post by Fun Mum »

Good luck with your journey. My DD has just taken exam, she has been at 11+classes for past 2 years, so will know in a couple of weeks if starting 2yrs ago paid off. Class of 4 children once a week for 1st yr for an hour, then 2 hrs a week. We are in southend and I think you need higher score for Chelmsford due to number of children applying. Classes were relaxed approach for us, and DD very happy to go each week and keen to do the homework set. I think it's never to early to start as we did no cramming of revision towards end, hopefully she took it in over the 2yrs.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Hi, welcome to the forum. My dd is just in yr 5 now, we started tuition inOctober of yr 4 as her tutor likes to start them early to get them used to him and keep the stress levels low. Still seemed to do lots of work :roll: she goes for an hour a week plus homework.

We started her early as her school do nothing for g&t really and the maths homework coming home was ridiculously easy for her. We have been really pleased, although my stress levels go up and down through the roof - he gives her lots of homework but I don't mind too much as school give a minimal amount, she seems to be coping okay and we are trying for CCHS :?

Hope this helps.best of luck.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Have PM'd you :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now