Proposed Yellow bus to Chelmsford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

NOTLEY PARENTS

Proposed Yellow bus to Chelmsford

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Evening all, I have been in discussion with the manager at First Bus about the possibility of having a proper school (yellow) bus set up to run from Braintree, through Great Leighs, possibly Little Waltham and onto Chelmsford dropping off at CCHS and KEGS and possible St John Payne and a return journey. First Buses seem to run these Yellow school buses from many other towns but not Braintree for some reason.

To make this service viable there would need to be a minimum of 40 students on board.

I have been asked to gather some information from interested parties for this proposed new service so that a business case may be put forward and a suitable route worked out. The Yellow buses already in use (i.e. 508/509 from Braintree to Colchester) have seatbelts, designated drivers and only pick up school children from designated bus stops.

If anyone is interested please PM me and I can forward a letter I have drafted which requires a little info to pass on to the Manager at First Buses, he may then contact you before he puts his case forward.

Thank you and best of luck for Monday (results)

NP
NOTLEY PARENTS

Re: Proposed Yellow bus to Chelmsford

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Thanks to those who have contacted me about the new (hopefully) bus route but I need more intersted parties to contact me.

If you know anyone who takes the public bus from Braintree to Chelmsford please mention the possibility of a proper school bus in case they may be interested.

Thank you.

NP