Travel from Shenfield to CRGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CardyMow

Re: Travel from Shenfield to CRGS

Post by CardyMow »

You will also find that the buses on the 65 route will be so packed by North Station that they are unable to take all passengers. Also, that particular route runs at a snail's pace. (My local bus route).

Though I live at the other end if the 65 route, from my house it takes 57 mins on the 65 in the morning rush hour to get to CRGS. Not an enviable journey. You can probably shave about 25 minutes off that for the bit from my house to North Station, but it is the slowest bus route on EARTH!!
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I was wondering if anyone has personal experience of DC traveling from Shenfield/Brentwood to CRGS.
Sorry I don't know of anyone now - children from this area have tended to favour KEGS in the past. There used to be a boy in my son's class but I believe he only did it for a term or so while they waited to move.
I know at Colchester boy at Brentwood - but I guess that's no help!
MrsB

Post by MrsB »

Minesatea wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has personal experience of DC traveling from Shenfield/Brentwood to CRGS.
Sorry I don't know of anyone now - children from this area have tended to favour KEGS in the past. There used to be a boy in my son's class but I believe he only did it for a term or so while they waited to move.
I know at Colchester boy at Brentwood - but I guess that's no help!
No. I would be very reluctant to do it though, for the reasons expressed.
CRGS seems to do its clubs at lunchtime though so leaving on time does not mean missing clubs. But all your mates would be a long way away, and you would be tired out by the half hour train jounrey, plus time between station and home and trudge or rubbish bus between station and school
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

CRGS seems to do its clubs at lunchtime though so leaving on time does not mean missing clubs
The small clubs yes but choir, orchestra and most of the sports teams are after school, and once they get to year 10, 5 of the GCSE's are either taught after school or have compulsory after school club attendance.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now